Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Chipping Is200 Sport

Hello all !!! ,

I just bought a 2000 Is200 Sport 3 days ago and i have to say i love it. There is only 1 thing that is bothering me and im sure lots of other people also having same problem. There does not seem to be no life in the engine until i hit 4500 RPM. Would a chip lower this and get rid of the flat spot? if so what is the best chip on the market for this engine? Someone also said playing with the ECU would also sort this out?I would appreciate all coments posted thanks

Any of you guys out there that have fitted the CamCon already.

1.what revs have you got it set at for the engine to kick in at?

2.what is the cost of mapping and any other costs to have it fitted?

3.did you use the one from prolex?

One thing I would say is that the camcon isn't going to make a huge difference, unfortunately the IS is one of these cars where electronic mods don't make a whole big difference, if you can afford it look into the supercharger kit, increases bhp and torque figures by a third, basically makes 4th gear feel like 2nd and 6th gear feel like 4th. A big improvement.

One thing I would say is that the camcon isn't going to make a huge difference, unfortunately the IS is one of these cars where electronic mods don't make a whole big difference, if you can afford it look into the supercharger kit, increases bhp and torque figures by a third, basically makes 4th gear feel like 2nd and 6th gear feel like 4th. A big improvement.

aido have you fitted a supercharger already before?

1. what are we looking at to fit and tune and anything else thats recommended(cost)

2.how long does it take to do the work?

3.do you know if there is anybody up in Scotland that does it?

Camcon-

1-2500 RPM

2-Around £200-£250

3-Yes

Supercharger-

1-£1850 fitted

2-8 hrs

3-dont know

Prolex is charging 1750 for supercharger it must be more than 100 to get it fitted or is this doing it yourself?What about tuning setting it up or is it good to go as soon as its fitted?

Prolex is charging 1750 for supercharger it must be more than 100 to get it fitted or is this doing it yourself?What about tuning setting it up or is it good to go as soon as its fitted?

prolex are indeed charging a mere £100 to get it fitted at there garage! :D

you can do it yourself, alot have and the instructions are clear.

good to go as soon as youve fitted all the bits, it is a genuine toyota kit after all! :lol:

hi there mate, yeh i fitted my one easily enough over two evenings, would've been just one but didn't have the correct tools with me. so i would the diy sid of it, purley so u know what your engine is doin in the event of something goin wrong etc ( also good fun lol ).

If you decide to go for it im in aberdeen if ya need a hand or advice etc.

hi there mate, yeh i fitted my one easily enough over two evenings, would've been just one but didn't have the correct tools with me. so i would the diy sid of it, purley so u know what your engine is doin in the event of something goin wrong etc ( also good fun lol ).

If you decide to go for it im in aberdeen if ya need a hand or advice etc.

oh thats good to know then thanks for that