Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guys, i picked up my 1991 J Reg: LS400 on (sunday), thats got the 1UZ-FE 4L-V8 that i will be useing for my swap :D ......i got the car of E-bay....the guy that i got it of said he got it about a year ago, but did not have time to do it up. and all this time its been siting at his workshop....all its done in the past year is its been in & out of his workshop each day,

He put it on E-bay as not running...... as when he got to his workshop one day the car would not start, it would turn over but would not start......i ended up geting it for.....360.00 :D

when i got there to pick it up i went over it and could not see anything wrong with the car, the frist thing i had alook at was the plugs....well what can i say, pulled the frist plug and it was covered in fuel ;) so i then pulled the rest of the plugs and they was all the same.......i then pulled the air hose off the Throttle body and there was lots of fuel in there as well....... so i dryed all the plugs and the air intake hose and waited about 20mins before i put the plugs back in,

got in the car and it started frist time :hehe: :D

i will post up some pic,s later 8)

if there are any bits you need just PM me ok :whistling:

Thats what i thought. just making sure.... So when's it all happning

I thought you had your is200 for bit's and bobs...:)

P.S. i think i might have seen you on gravesend road few months back(2006) i was in the green mondeo and you was behind me... I think you turned off on to tong lane..... like i said it might have been you

Thats what i thought. just making sure.... So when's it all happning

I thought you had your is200 for bit's and bobs...:)

P.S. i think i might have seen you on gravesend road few months back(2006) i was in the green mondeo and you was behind me... I think you turned off on to tong lane..... like i said it might have been you

I sold alot off bits of my IS200 that i did not need.....thats all

yea that would have been me mate........ :D

• 2 weeks later...

Are you planning to do 'go faster' work on the V8? if your IS200 is turbo'd and you have over 200 horses, the weight of the V8 will mean it'll need more than it produces as standard to propell you at a faster pace than your current lump??

Please correct me if I'm wrong.... :)

This is why i went for the V8 :D its all to do with the torque the V8 has so much low down :winky: if i was just to drop the V8 in my IS and not mod it it would be a very quick car, BUT im going to try and fit not 1 but 2 Turbo's.....if i can make room that is lol and by puting a Turbo on the V8 i will see 450 rwhp

http://www.lextreme.com/1uzfe_info.html