Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all,

I will soon be buying new tyres for my GS300, now almost 2 years old [one of the first of the latest body shape] . I have done about 23,000 miles so the original tyres have done well.

I do not drive the car too hard, and wish to have tyres which are as quiet as possible, especially on motorways.

I usually replace tyres like for like with original brands, but the first quote I have had from my dealer was over £900 for the four tyres [Yokohama].

I have looked around, people on this site are using other brands, and I am sure tyres like Pireeli PZero, or Dunlop SP Sports are good quality branded tyres, but can be bought fitted for about £600 for the set. But . . . I don't want to fit them then find they are noisy or less well suited to the car.

Tyre size is 245/40R18

Any advice re trye noise and changing from the originals, especially regarding the newest model?

Thanks,

Tony

Manchester

I have just put four Contential Sport Contact 2 on me GS, they are a huge improvement one me old ones (just cheapies), sooo much quiter.

They are a good middle of the road tyre, not too soft or too hard

Paid £422 for them (235/45/17)

HTH

Try these two sites for low prices if you can get someone to fit them

http://ssl.delti.com/mytires/start.html

http://www.elitedirect.com/

I find Uniroyal Rainsport are good,fairly quiet and ok on handling.

2 x 245/40/18 and 2 x 275/35/18 cost £510 fitted,valves and balancing included.I find them better than pzero by long way.

Hi all,

I will soon be buying new tyres for my GS300, now almost 2 years old [one of the first of the latest body shape] . I have done about 23,000 miles so the original tyres have done well.

I do not drive the car too hard, and wish to have tyres which are as quiet as possible, especially on motorways.

I usually replace tyres like for like with original brands, but the first quote I have had from my dealer was over £900 for the four tyres [Yokohama].

I have looked around, people on this site are using other brands, and I am sure tyres like Pireeli PZero, or Dunlop SP Sports are good quality branded tyres, but can be bought fitted for about £600 for the set. But . . . I don't want to fit them then find they are noisy or less well suited to the car.

Tyre size is 245/40R18

Any advice re trye noise and changing from the originals, especially regarding the newest model?

Thanks,

Tony

Manchester

Posted this a short time ago...if it's any help

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...st&p=419172

I had Dunlop Sport 01's fitted to my Avensis when I had that a couple of years ago and they were much quieter than the Michellins that were on it.

I wouldn't say that 23,000 is that great though, admittedly my Camry's Michellin's are getting ready for changing but they've done 52,000.

I wouldn't say that 23,000 is that great though, admittedly my Camry's Michellin's are getting ready for changing but they've done 52,000.

52,000 :ohmy: how do you drive, I dont remeber getting anything near those miles stated but I was a devil on the road :shifty:

Oh I also got Dunlops on the rears and they are quite where as the Nankangs which are on the front are not ( put on by the previous owner )

• 2 weeks later...

My 2005 GS came with Dunlop SP Sport 2030 as originals, which lasted 18K miles and still had 4mm left. I replaced with Goodyear Eagle F1s which were more expensive, made slightly more road noise and had no noticeable improvement in wet or dry grip. They lasted 11K miles.

I'm back with the quieter, cheaper and better Dunlop SP Sport 2030s and they are great. I am noticing a slightly softer rise as well, which is good news with the GS.

I have not changed my Lexus tyres yet but before i had a BMW 530 sport and fitted Vredestein tyres which were as good as the Pirelli i had used before and were about 35% cheaper, Road noise was never a problem as it is with the Lexus fitted tyres and easily did over 20,000 miles without needing to replace. As a guide it was about £440 for set of 4 fitted.