Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Traffic Light Cameras

mudzs

Just been told that some traffic light cameras can do you for speeding ,anyone know wether this is only if you jump the light or are they active all the time for speeding :crybaby: .

Hopefully yes! Anyone stupid enough to approach traffic lights at excessive speed deserves loose their licence. :angry:

Nope not active all the time, but if you jump the light, it will also measure your speed, and if you're over the limit, you'll get a fine and points for both offences.

It's actually been like this for a number of years........

Nope not active all the time, but if you jump the light, it will also measure your speed, and if you're over the limit, you'll get a fine and points for both offences.

It's actually been like this for a number of years........

You'd have thought the technology could allow the camera to operate on speed alone, as well as when the lights are at red. It'd make more sense to nick the people who accelerate to excessive speed on amber to beat the lights than those the standard GATSO's get in areas of less risk.

is it me or do they seem to change very quickly ,these lights are on a 50 mph duel carrigeway and you have to realy slam on the anchors to stop in time if they start to turn as you aproach.

I like the system that they have in some U.S. States, where a series of indicators on the approach to lights controlled junctions show the speed at which you need to approach the junction to guarantee that the lights will be showing green when you arrive.

I believe that if two offences are committed simultaneously, you only get points for the one which can carry the most points. e.g. 3 bald tyres, cop says "I'll be good to you and let you off on two of them" = bull 'cos he can't give you 9 points for having 3 bald tyres.

I've had a look on the net to find some evidence supporting this, but have only found info applying to Northern Ireland so far.

As for red-light cameras doubling as speed cameras, Googling "speed on green" will turn up some info.