Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just Purchased Rx300 From Lexus Croydon

Made the move over to Lexus last week with the purchase of a 54 plate RX300 (05 updates) and am enjoying it immensley!! Haven't had too much time behind the wheel yet though as it's technically the other half's car (Traded in her MR2) but for once it is actually just as nice those times when you are in the passenger seat!

Would like to say a big thankyou to Ian over at Lexus Croydon who is by far the best salesperson I have had the pleasure of doing business with!

Just need to join the Gold program to get the money off for services :)

Welcome to LOC :D

A very nice purchase you've made there, glad you're enjoying it :)

As for the budget, I read somewhere that tax for the worst band would be 400 quid or thereabouts. It's taking the *****. So you pay extra tax, then you have to pay more on fuel, then more on road tolls, it really is having a laugh, the sooner I can get out of here the better!

Made the move over to Lexus last week with the purchase of a 54 plate RX300 (05 updates) and am enjoying it immensley!! Haven't had too much time behind the wheel yet though as it's technically the other half's car (Traded in her MR2) but for once it is actually just as nice those times when you are in the passenger seat!

Would like to say a big thankyou to Ian over at Lexus Croydon who is by far the best salesperson I have had the pleasure of doing business with!

Just need to join the Gold program to get the money off for services :)

Congrats on the new wheels :winky:

Who dealt with you at Croydon? Eddie? Iaine?

Service guys are top notch there as well.

Go gold and you'll get 10% off servicing as well.

D

Welcome to LOC :D

A very nice purchase you've made there, glad you're enjoying it :)

As for the budget, I read somewhere that tax for the worst band would be 400 quid or thereabouts. It's taking the *****. So you pay extra tax, then you have to pay more on fuel, then more on road tolls, it really is having a laugh, the sooner I can get out of here the better!

I thought that a 54 plate would not be affected by the latest tax proposals on the worst "offenders". MIne is an '05 plate and I paid the £190 last month, not the latest £210. I'm hoping that the tax is only going to applied to cars registered after last April. Anybody know better?

Alan.

Thanks all for your welcome!

New tax laws will only effect Band G cars and only those bought once the Band G category was created which I believe was April 2006. For those buying second hand 'gas guzzler' it should actually boost the value..especially those bought just before the rise!!

In theory you could buy an early 2006 car and pay £190 per annum in road tax or one built a month later (after April) and pay the extra!!

Just go for the 400h and you will save even more on running costs!

Actually looked at the Audi TT for a second 'fun' car and it would really be worth holding out for the 1.8T rather than the 3.2 as it is a full 2 groups lower! Group E instead of G!!

Derekyau....I dealt with Iaine; best salesperson have met..very friendly, helpful and actually looked out for the customer!

• 2 weeks later...

Can't vouch for Lexus Croydon enough - Eddie QUINN dealt with us and he was absoltuely superb. Lovely car (RX300 SE), great hand over and absolutely fuss free experience - I guess this being our first Lexus was an example why y'all rave on about The Lexus Experience :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links