Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Front Grille...

Rory

I don't want to start messin until I know what i'm doin with it, can anyone help, if this helps, its a standard grille from a 2004 IS going onto my 2000 IS

Crikey what a coincidence! Just fitted an LE grille mate in the past 10 minutes!

To fit the grille, remove the top five screws along the top of the grille.

This loosens the grille and the two parts of the bumper that is next to the grille (on each side - allowing you to prise the grille away).

The part that I have found the hardest was unclipping the grille at the base from the top of the bumper - a right bastid. Also undoing the screws can be a bit of an arsey job.

I'm sure there will be some others along soon to help elaborate on my post. I did search the forum to see if I could find a "How-To" but nothing in sight.

If you need mate, I don't mind giving you a lift.

Regards,

Jamie

Good skills, had mine swapped over doing what Jamie says in about 5 minutes and they shouldn't let me near anything mechanical because I'm dangerous :)

Good pick on the LE grille, prefer it myself over the Sports Grille, much more unique on a non-LE edition car than the sports grille :)

Crikey what a coincidence! Just fitted an LE grille mate in the past 10 minutes!

Does that mean your sport grille is goin spare? (£?)

this might sound thick now but what does the LE grille look like?

Hi pal, I've got a Sports Grille but it's sat awaiting painting which might be next year yet tbh, when I've got the TRD kit. I quite like the LE grille, will post a pic soon matey.

Jamie

Stopped on my way home tonite and had a look at your LE grille, i've never noticed one before, its much nicer than the others i've seen, i'm gonna keep an eye out for one of those (don't mean to copy you, but it is nice) just fitted my grille now, took a couple of mins, thanks for the info, worked a treat...