Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Exhaust

Hank B

Right here goes, time to open a can of worms.

I'm lookin for a new exhaust, I want it to sound real sweet and loud but not like them boy racers in their saxo's. I want it to sound loud and throaty and powerfull.

I want people to turn round and say 'dude that sounds awesome' not 'what the ****** is that noise'.

So go on peeps give me your opinions and tell me where I can get them and how much they'll skin me.

cheers :D

Well i've got a HKS hiper back box and thats got a loverly sound but it is pretty big.

Prolex's Kazama II is a new exhaust thats ment to have a nice sound and not a massive tip.

Speak to Dave @ Prolex-uk i'm sure he'll explain more.

Hope this helps

Stav

I was thinkin about the HKS Hiper someone else said it sounded sweet. I aint bothered about it being big, I aint tryin to be subtle. Got any pics of it on the car? where'd you get it and how much?

The HKS Hiper has been discontinued a while now so you can only get second hand ones - there is the HKS Silent Hiper but it's the same sort of noise level as stock.

It may be easier to pick up a Prolex Kazama, they're very very similar to the Hiper and are more readily available - might be worth seeing if Dave Ellen has any lying around in his garage, his username is prolex-uk

Here's a really really old pic of my IS when I had just the single Hiper:

IMG_1795.sized.jpg

And then when the twins were fitted:

PA070405.sized.jpg

PMSL, I just added another one too!

Going to have a go on the Aristo one day, just waiting for a nice day when I'm not hungover, sounds like I'm working weekends for the next month tho so that's put a stop on it for now, will have to let the Albanian's keep doing it for me :lol:

I have a Kazama, It seems to get louder :D with time but not over powering loud (you can have a conversation with your passenger on a motorway) It does have a nice deep sound, its a popular exhaust on here, Not heard too much about the Kazama 2.

eBay has an exhaust called a Blueflame, a few people have mentioned these.

Come along to Fast Show at Santa Pod on sunday, will be a good few of us there then you can have a listen for yourself.

I think it's the carbon buildup which makes the exhaust sound louder over time, my Hiper definitely changed in sound and volume over time and it just got better and better!

The HKS Hiper has been discontinued a while now so you can only get second hand ones - there is the HKS Silent Hiper but it's the same sort of noise level as stock.

It may be easier to pick up a Prolex Kazama, they're very very similar to the Hiper and are more readily available - might be worth seeing if Dave Ellen has any lying around in his garage, his username is prolex-uk

IMG_1795.sized.jpg

PA070405.sized.jpg

The twin exhaust look sik!!! wat they called? and how do they sound? how much this cost you ?

It was a custom system, the mufflers were from a HKS Hiper system for the GS300 / GS430 - the pipework was cut and custom made for the IS with a straight through section that took the silencer out of the way as well.

Sounded lovely, sold the car and it was written off so no idea what happened to these!

I paid £600 for the system second hand from Zee who's a member on the forum a couple of years ago.

It was a custom system, the mufflers were from a HKS Hiper system for the GS300 / GS430 - the pipework was cut and custom made for the IS with a straight through section that took the silencer out of the way as well.

Sounded lovely, sold the car and it was written off so no idea what happened to these!

I paid £600 for the system second hand from Zee who's a member on the forum a couple of years ago.

It looks really nice! im after an exhaust for my is00 just waiting for the warranty to finish! i want an exhaust that looks nice n big as well as the sound don't want it too loud! just really nice grumble to it! i really like the sound of the Subaru's wen its on low rev's it jus sounds sweet any exhaust that will sound like that? and also can you tell me what a 'cat back' exhaust means? does that means its with a catylic converter or what? and can you post sum piks if possible thanks!!!

As far as i'm aware cat back just means that the new exhaust is from the back of the cat to the exits..

The IS has a silencer after the cat and my original Hiper just connected to the back of the silencer. The Kazama is the same as that.

Wouldn't worry about the warranty, they swap over easily, cost me 15 quid to have my Hiper fitted originally!

The Kazama looks pretty much identical to the Hiper, will try and find Dave's original pics

They're both the same really mate, personally I'd just say go for the HKS if you can find one purely because you can say you've got a HKS exhaust which people are more familiar with, but in all fairness there's very little difference, the Prolex one is made of stainless steel so will last longer, sure I once read somewhere just a part of the Hiper was made from a difference material to give a nicer noise.

Think now they're both discontinued the best thing to do would be to get hold of whichever one you can!

The rear lip is a TRD lip spoiler :)

They're both the same really mate, personally I'd just say go for the HKS if you can find one purely because you can say you've got a HKS exhaust which people are more familiar with, but in all fairness there's very little difference, the Prolex one is made of stainless steel so will last longer, sure I once read somewhere just a part of the Hiper was made from a difference material to give a nicer noise.

Think now they're both discontinued the best thing to do would be to get hold of whichever one you can!

The rear lip is a TRD lip spoiler :)

thanks alot mate for your advice! you going to santa pod on 25th?

Maz I'm afraid you'll never get an IS to sound like a subaru, unless you put a subaru engine in it. It's not their exhausts that make the noise its the flat four boxer engine. I love it too, I've been tempted to buy a scoobie may times just for the noise, but my fairer half wont let me :crybaby:

Anyone got, or know anyone with the Blitz backbox from TDi?

Just wonderin if it sounds any good?

It aint too expensive and looks good. :blink:

B)-->

QUOTE(Hank B @ Mar 20 2007, 12:29 PM)

Maz I'm afraid you'll never get an IS to sound like a subaru, unless you put a subaru engine in it. It's not their exhausts that make the noise its the flat four boxer engine. I love it too, I've been tempted to buy a scoobie may times just for the noise, but my fairer half wont let me :crybaby:

true true! but the sound man its just so nice! but any ways im gonna have to go santa pod this sunday and check out the lexus cars there and watever sound i like im just gonna go for it!

IMG_1795.sized.jpg

PA070405.sized.jpg

That looks sweet.....

Out of interest....did you notice any gais with a twin zaust Aido?

B)-->

QUOTE(Hank B @ Mar 20 2007, 12:29 PM)

Anyone got, or know anyone with the Blitz backbox from TDi?

Just wonderin if it sounds any good?

It aint too expensive and looks good. :blink:

You mean your sensible half...... :D