Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls 400 Rear Power Window Jumping The Track

Hi all, hope someone can help.

When I take one of the rear electric windows all of the way down it won't go back up. I took the door card off and found that there is a small giude wheel on a metal pin fixed to the front bottom of the glass. This nomally rides inside a channel as the window goes up and down. When my window is all the way down the wheel pops out of the guide channel and then stops the window from going back up. Anyone know if there is supposed to be a stop on the channel to prevent this happening or is it possible to adjust the motor drive somehow so that the window doesn't go down so far.

Thanks

Mick

Hi all, hope someone can help.

When I take one of the rear electric windows all of the way down it won't go back up. I took the door card off and found that there is a small giude wheel on a metal pin fixed to the front bottom of the glass. This nomally rides inside a channel as the window goes up and down. When my window is all the way down the wheel pops out of the guide channel and then stops the window from going back up. Anyone know if there is supposed to be a stop on the channel to prevent this happening or is it possible to adjust the motor drive somehow so that the window doesn't go down so far.

Thanks

Mick

I solved this problem myself - the car must have had some work done to the rear door or glass at sometime and someone :tsktsk: had put the bracket that connects the glass to the motor-arm on upside down. This causes the window to go down about 1/2 inch too far and come out of the runner. Two 10mm nuts hold the bracket in place and fixing it only took about 5 minutes - but it took about an hour to figure out how to get the door trim panel off.

Mick

Hello,

Many members like me probably looked at your posting and hadn't got a clue how to help you.

But by sorting it out yourself and letting everyone know the problem I commend you.

Please don't be put off using the forum because of the lack of response on this occasion if anybody can help they will but with this problem I think we've all got splinters through much head scratching.

Happy Lexus Driving :D

Please don't be put off using the forum because of the lack of response

Thanks Steve - not put off at all.

So far, through direct advice or links from the pages of the forum I have: Fixed my dasboard lights for £1.56, Fixed the CD Multichanger - for nothing, Fixed the rear window - for nothing, cured the damp boot - for nothing and been able to service the front and rear brakes. All without needing to visit a Lexus dealer. Based on the dealer prices some of the members have mentioned I have 'saved' myself over £1000 already - and have a damn nice car to drive :) .

Mick

Same here, I have saved hundreds of pounds due to this and the USA site and try to put

info on to help others.

Telling how you fixed the problem helps us all, I just wish everyone would post the update to a problem when they solve it,as you did. :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links