Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello all

After getting a set of the TTE 18" rims i wanted them refurbed. I got an over-the-phone price off a company up here who said roughly £50 a rim. Not bad.

However when i took them i heard about how they are harder due to being diamond cut, 2 different colours, more work blah blah blah. The price then went up to £100 a rim. Not very happy with that. :angry:

So can any one else recomend a company they may have used to get their set refurbed? Im preferably looking at either Middlesbrough way or even Leeds/Bradford as im down that way every so often.

Did they come out looking like originals or did the tiny little lines on the alloys, left by the diamond cutting process, disappear? And above all, how much did it cost?

Many thanks for your help.

I had my IS200 wheels refurbed by WRC (www.wheelrepair.co.uk) - in Preston off J29 M6. Ask them for a quote.

I don't have the diamond cut lines anymore but I'm not bothered asI went for a full refurb due to corrosion and got a good price. BloodyGoodBloke had his IS200 wheels refurbed by Lexus at £80 a pop

Hi

I get mine done by a firm called Lepsons down South in Gillingham.

However well you look after them you will find the laquer soon fails.

I have mine to oem finish and get them done about every two/three years.

I last paid about £65/wheel inclusive of VAT and they look a million dollars when fresh.

I could have bought a couple of sets of bog standard alloys for the money spent refurbing but in my opinion the oem finish is just unbeatable.

I get mine done by a firm called Lepsons down South in Gillingham.

However well you look after them you will find the laquer soon fails.

I have mine to oem finish and get them done about every two/three years.

I last paid about £65/wheel inclusive of VAT and they look a million dollars when fresh.

Keith

Dont mean to sound funny mate, but are you SURE you get them back "to oem finish"?

Does that include the little lines left by the diamond cutting process?

And do they still keep the 2 colours, the high power silver/chrome on the actual spokes and the anthracite type colour on the rest of the wheel?

The main problem with mine is the lacquer coming off. But no one iv spoken to so far can get the finish back to standard (minus the little lines) for less than £400. One was not really willing to try, thanks to him for being honest. And then one suggested there was no way on earth they were ever gona look anything like new again as they were too hard to do, and that kind of put me off.

Keith - Is there any chance of getting a picture of your wheel/wheels mate?

Cheers.

I had my IS200 wheels refurbed by WRC (www.wheelrepair.co.uk) - in Preston off J29 M6. Ask them for a quote.

I don't have the diamond cut lines anymore but I'm not bothered asI went for a full refurb due to corrosion and got a good price. BloodyGoodBloke had his IS200 wheels refurbed by Lexus at £80 a pop

Are your wheels the 5 spoke design normally found on the IS200? I never knew they were diamond cut. Unless your talking about a different wheel. And how much did it cost you at WRC?

I dont mind losing the diamond cut lines but the finish must be as close as possible in terms of colour.

Ive tried getting these tte alloys redone last year up north, not one company was interested in doing them,

they either wont do the work as they cannot or maybe will not guarantee the finish, in the end i just gave up, yeah they are lovely wheels when done, but are they worth a refurb every 2 years?

from a company at the other side of the counrty?

Steve, VERY VERY scabby tte aloys

yep mine are the 17" 5 spokes - best thing to do is get in touch with WRC and ask what he can do for you and get a price.

Just got an email back from WRC and as you said, he doesnt do diamond cutting as such. But he can re-do them in any one colour i want. Back to square one with that one me thinks.

• 4 weeks later...

My mate had his done at Lepsons and they were back to original condition. Absolutley superb job I would say with the diamond cut and they re-painted the anthracite.. i would highly recommend them, i know your looking for somewhere near the Midlands but lepsons will come and collect the wheels and bring them back.. probably looking at around £72 a corner but well worth it.

i have been looking into this myself as my tte's are looking a bit shabby, according to some people on websites, companies only guarantee diamond cut for 6 months If they do it at all.

wonder if lepsons will come and collect my wheels :)

up here in Leeds