Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Knocking Noise - Help I'm Going Mad!

Hi All

Its my first time posting and felt the time has come for some advice, being a woman, I am finding it incredibly hard to get anyway without being taking for a ride.

I have read all the info on other people's rather annoying knocking noises and just wanted to ask where to start first really!!

I have a knocking noise, quite a dull noise, constantly coming from the drivers side front. I have just had my discs and pads changed as they were squeaking so they are up to date.

I have now been to five different garages and the first 3 said cant find anything, just turn your stereo up!

The last one has said my shock absorber is leaking, but this is on the passenger side and that the ball joint also on the passenger side has a bit of movement in it. Apparantely I need to change both shockers at the same time. Is this right?

What I cant understand is why the noise is so loud on the drivers side if there is problems on the passenger!? I know sound travels but *** its got to go some its well loud!

I dont want to start changing things in the hope of stopping the noise and eventually spend loads of dosh!

Any further help would be very much appreciated before I sell the damn thing! AHHHHHH :crying:

I had a knock coming from the nearside front. Had it checked out and the garage reckoned the shocker was leaking, as it had crud on it. Got a new set of KYB gas shocks for £110 inc delivery and got them fitted for £90. The knock has gone and the car's handling has improved massively. The nearside shock had indeed failed.

You need to replace shocks in pairs, or you could adversely affect the handling.

Hi All

Its my first time posting and felt the time has come for some advice, being a woman, I am finding it incredibly hard to get anyway without being taking for a ride.

I have read all the info on other people's rather annoying knocking noises and just wanted to ask where to start first really!!

I have a knocking noise, quite a dull noise, constantly coming from the drivers side front. I have just had my discs and pads changed as they were squeaking so they are up to date.

I have now been to five different garages and the first 3 said cant find anything, just turn your stereo up!

The last one has said my shock absorber is leaking, but this is on the passenger side and that the ball joint also on the passenger side has a bit of movement in it. Apparantely I need to change both shockers at the same time. Is this right?

What I cant understand is why the noise is so loud on the drivers side if there is problems on the passenger!? I know sound travels but *** its got to go some its well loud!

I dont want to start changing things in the hope of stopping the noise and eventually spend loads of dosh!

Any further help would be very much appreciated before I sell the damn thing! AHHHHHH :crying:

Hi, is it knocking all the time or when turning only etc

Hi All

Hi, is it knocking all the time or when turning only etc

Could possibly be suspension bush or ball joint ?

Does it do it all the time or only when turning ? and does it increase with the engine speed ?

Have somebody push up and down above the front right wheel whilst you're sitting in the car and see if you can hear it .

Also I know it sounds silly, but check that the wheel nuts are tight, I've known a single loose wheel nut make a hell of a knocking noise.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links