Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A Mac Question From A Pc Boy!

terdancam

erm, in my ignorance i don't understand that "getting a mac osx and a windows machine"-- :crybaby:

thanks for your advice btw, even though you are a bit scary.... :D :lol:

If you go to apple.com and click on OS tab, on the left there is a thing called 'Boot Camp' this is a program that allows you to run a full version of Windows with no problems just like you would on any other PC or laptop. this Boot camp allows both Operating systems to work on the same computer (I don't think at the same time though, Virtual PC does, but that is for the older one's like mine but XP is a little slow on it.). OSX is basicly the same as Windows (infact it's the origional) but far better, faster,more reliable, easier to use and better looking.

yes he is a bit scary when it comes to Mac's but luckily I'm with him on this, I wouldn't wan't to be against now do I?!

Most Mac users are pationate about them like I'm sure you are with your Lex! :D

erm, in my ignorance i don't understand that "getting a mac osx and a windows machine"-- :crybaby:

thanks for your advice btw, even though you are a bit scary.... :D :lol:

If you go to apple.com and click on OS tab, on the left there is a thing called 'Boot Camp' this is a program that allows you to run a full version of Windows with no problems just like you would on any other PC or laptop. this Boot camp allows both Operating systems to work on the same computer (I don't think at the same time though, Virtual PC does, but that is for the older one's like mine but XP is a little slow on it.). OSX is basicly the same as Windows (infact it's the origional) but far better, faster,more reliable, easier to use and better looking.

yes he is a bit scary when it comes to Mac's but luckily I'm with him on this, I wouldn't wan't to be against now do I?!

Most Mac users are pationate about them like I'm sure you are with your Lex! :D

Behave....Mac OSX is basicall the same as Windows....its nothing like it.....you even say so yourself.......its reliable, faster,easier to use, better looking....hardly sounds a bit like Windows does it?

If you was to compare it to Vista.....then Vista is catching up with Mac OS X...visually anyway....again thats where the simularities stop....hands up whos got Vista to display the blue screen? :lol:

Behave....Mac OSX is basicall the same as Windows....its nothing like it.....you even say so yourself.......its reliable, faster,easier to use, better looking....hardly sounds a bit like Windows does it?

If you was to compare it to Vista.....then Vista is catching up with Mac OS X...visually anyway....again thats where the simularities stop....hands up whos got Vista to display the blue screen? :lol:

Charley, Oscar, Charley, Killo! Kazi! :lol: :P

Blah Blah Blah! yes OSX is great and I love it but I was just trying to explain what something is, anyone will realise how good it is if they use it so I'm not going to bad mouth Windows all the time, It's un profetional. Anyone will make there own decision after using it. :D

• 4 weeks later...

I was all geared up to buying one of these new fangled apple mac book thingies, as opposed to a vista laptop and what happens.....!!!!!!!!!???????

the new os leopard ain't out now until october 2007. SO much for a spring release!

Bloody Microsoft.......sorry, i mean apple.

6 whole ruddy months to find out what all this fuss is about.,... :blink: :D

I was all geared up to buying one of these new fangled apple mac book thingies, as opposed to a vista laptop and what happens.....!!!!!!!!!???????

the new os leopard ain't out now until october 2007. SO much for a spring release!

Bloody Microsoft.......sorry, i mean Apple.

6 whole ruddy months to find out what all this fuss is about.,... :blink: :D

Really? Thats jacked me off! I was going to buy another desktop witht he new OS on and was told anytime now.....spring time infact....

'tis true unfortunately...but all the mac boys have leapt up with the defence of "well vista took 28 years".....

personally i don't give a toss which os i use, as long as it stops fecin me about and i can do what i want when i want...however it does have to be the newest version!!! :D

oh well, vista laptop here we come :o :blush: :D

....hands up whos got Vista to display the blue screen? :lol:
I have to admit mate, don't get me wrong .... I love MACS, they are just beutiful and so nice to use.

However, since using Vista (about 6 months now) - Even pre-release state .... it has not once crashed.

My XP used to crash all the time ......... but, i can honestly say ... that VISTA is very stable :o

PMSL, you aren't trying hard enough, I managed to get it to bugger up within a couple of hours :P

To be fair to MS the major weak point from a stability point of view is the drivers - anything running in kernel mode can kill the box in seconds!

That's the big advantage apple have - they control all the hardware and only have to generate the software to support those configurations.

They're saying that Leo was delayed as resources were shifted across to work on the Iphone project, personally I'd say it's a good thing as it means they can really work on the extra features now that Vista is out - stuff I've seen on the net hasn't really shown a massive difference between 10.4.x and 10.5 - and in all honesty XP isn't that bad nowadays on stable hardware! Vista is a resource hog!

@ Terdencam: get a grip mate. Listen.

The CURRENT apple OS Tiger beats Vista hands down. Google for a comparison. It isn't hard to work out.

Dont fall at the last hurdle and make a dumb mistake. If you buy a PC you will hugely limt the software you can run vs a Mac.

What the hell difference does a few months make?

Leopard will be much better but don't make the mistake of choosing Vista over Tiger. That's just the dumbest thing I ever heard.

@Scarface

What has crashing got to do with it? It's how productive and useable an OS is that is most important. Vista is already rife with security issues. Yea it's more stable than XP. Whooopy-do. OS X has been stable for years.

@Aido The REAL reason Leopard has been delayed will become clear later this year. (BTW OS486 or whatever that godawful hack is doesn't count!)

anyone who upgrades to vista before the next service pack is a mong . you can quote me on that

i was given a mac in work for various things and after 3 months i figured out i hated the mac it was crap . almost as bad as a pc but theres less support for a mac

use linux

tux forever

anyone who upgrades to vista before the next service pack is a mong . you can quote me on that

i was given a mac in work for various things and after 3 months i figured out i hated the mac it was crap . almost as bad as a pc but theres less support for a mac

use linux

tux forever

Definitely agree on that first statement mate, a lot of companies I spoke to are waiting for SP1 before starting to roll it out in anger!

Linux boys normally like the Mac as it's got the same power at the command line just with a nicer window manager!

... and the little detail that Linux will never be anything other than a curiosity for PC users fed up with Windows who don't have the balls to buy a Mac and use the world's largest *nix distribution - Mac OS X.

Linux will never be a mainstream OS for countless reasons.

@Scarface

What has crashing got to do with it? It's how productive and useable an OS is that is most important. Vista is already rife with security issues. Yea it's more stable than XP. Whooopy-do. OS X has been stable for years.

Erm, lets face it for useability, and practicality - Windows will win, as it's the worlds most used OS.

Games, now why can't you play most games on the mac ? Yes you could argue, get a games console, but why should I, when I can play it on my pc ?

... and the little detail that Linux will never be anything other than a curiosity for PC users fed up with Windows who don't have the balls to buy a Mac and use the world's largest *nix distribution - Mac OS X.

Linux will never be a mainstream OS for countless reasons.

Not entirley correct, as OS X isn't a form of *nix ...... it's run on the darwin platform.

Just because there is more of something doesn't make it better.

You can play more games on a Mac than any PC.

Why? On Macs you can play all Mac games and all Windows games and games of any other OS you choose to name.

On a Windows PC you can play Windows games.

Buying a Windows PC dramatically limits the software you can use.

Darwin IS UNIX based...

http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/unix/

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links