Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Budget And Fuel Price Increase

usuf_x

Petrol up again as expected but wont go straight away I think it gona happen in October time....

I been looking all over the net to find out if the Budget has had an effect on the LPG price, can anyone shed some light on it, is it staying where it is or has gone up or down (down - in our dreams :) )

Also what band is an LPG car in Im trying to find it but no luck anyonw know where to find this info.

Thanks

The band of your vehicle isn't affected by alternative fuels, purely on engine size (pre 03/2001) or CO2 emissons (2001+), for a GS300 I'm guessing it's a band f (pre 03/2006) or g (2006+).

You DO get a DISCOUNT :D for going :sick: , a mere £15 :angry: which means using band f as an example, £190 instead of £205.

See this page for details:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Ownin...cle/DG_10012524

In regards to fuel duty on LPG, it's bad news I'm afraid :crybaby:

"When used as a road fuel, the rate of excise duty on liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) and natural gas (including biogas) will increase by 4.28p per kg and 2.89p per kg respectively on 1 October 2007. The existing duty differential applicable to biogas will remain at present levels at least until the Budget of 2012."

Full details here:

http://www.ukbudget.co.uk/UKBudget2007/VAT...nu=indirectMenu

The band of your vehicle isn't affected by alternative fuels, purely on engine size (pre 03/2001) or CO2 emissons (2001+), for a GS300 I'm guessing it's a band f (pre 03/2006) or g (2006+).

You DO get a DISCOUNT :D for going :sick: , a mere £15 :angry: which means using band f as an example, £190 instead of £205.

See this page for details:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Ownin...cle/DG_10012524

In regards to fuel duty on LPG, it's bad news I'm afraid :crybaby:

"When used as a road fuel, the rate of excise duty on liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) and natural gas (including biogas) will increase by 4.28p per kg and 2.89p per kg respectively on 1 October 2007. The existing duty differential applicable to biogas will remain at present levels at least until the Budget of 2012."

Full details here:

http://www.ukbudget.co.uk/UKBudget2007/VAT...nu=indirectMenu

So how heavy is LPG??? :blink:

found this as well...

Excise duty is due on gas for use as road fuel. The most common forms of road fuel gas are liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), and compressed natural gas.

Following a consultation on how best to ensure that future support for road fuel gases continues to reflect environmental and other policy objectives, the 2003 Pre-Budget Report announced that the duty incentive for LPG would be decreased over time to a level more commensurate with its environmental benefits, and that the incentive relative to the main road fuels for natural gas would be maintained at its current level until 2007.

To reflect the relative environmental benefits of the fuel more accurately Budget 2006 announced the duty differential between LPG and main road fuels will be reduced by the equivalent of 1 penny per litre each year to 2008-09 and that the duty differential between Natural Gas rates and main duty rates will be maintained each year until 2008-09. The rate of duty for LPG increased to 12.21 pence per kilogram and for natural gas to 10.81 pence per kilogram on 7 December 2006. This decision is in line with the established alternative fuels framework. Public Notice 76 Excise Duty on Gas for use as Fuel in Road Vehicles provides further, detailed information.

The link tells you how to find out how heavy your LPG is because scales aren't that useful :D

1 litre = 0.5000 Kg

1 Kg = 2 Litres

so my 70 litre tank weighs an extra 29Kg when full

Thats just **** whats the point going green :sick: when the taxes still going up.. I though it was supposed to go down or stay the same due to its environmental reasons - all a money making scheme to go in their pocket.... - sorry just ranting

Thats just **** whats the point going green :sick: when the taxes still going up.. I though it was supposed to go down or stay the same due to its environmental reasons - all a money making scheme to go in their pocket.... - sorry just ranting

Totall agree... :angry: