Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 V Is300

Hi everyone.

I'm a newbie and am torn between the IS200S or IS300.

Is there a big enough difference between the two to justify the extra 2 grand or so for a used 04 plate?

Hope you guys can advise.

Great site by the way!!

IS200 would only be my choice if I HAD to have a manual box. If you can tolerate having an auto, the IS300 is a no brainer.

The engine/auto gearbox combo on the IS300 is smooth as silk, and offers a substantial advantage in torque over the IS200. In everyday driving, that torque makes for effortless overtaking.

IS200 would only be my choice if I HAD to have a manual box. If you can tolerate having an auto, the IS300 is a no brainer.

The engine/auto gearbox combo on the IS300 is smooth as silk, and offers a substantial advantage in torque over the IS200. In everyday driving, that torque makes for effortless overtaking.

To be fair though Maneesh, have you ever owned a IS200?

Hi everyone.

Is there a big enough difference between the two to justify the extra 2 grand or so for a used 04 plate?

Great site by the way!!

Or go for an is200 and get the supercharger kit and a few goodies off dave for the £2k. :winky:

(If you want a manual).

Hi everyone.

Great site by the way!!

Or go for an is200 and get the supercharger kit and a few goodies off dave for the £2k. :winky:

(If you want a manual).

Nope....even if I had the money and hind sight, Id have the 300...then spend some dosh on goodies...... :D

But I dont :crybaby: .....so for now.....dreamings all I have :D

I was always an auto hater till i drove an IS200 auto and i know own one!

If you are after a car to relax in luxuary get the auto if you want to hack it about and mod the engine etc dont.

Also think about the fuel of the two as the IS200 is a thirsty beast if you give it some and im sure the IS300 is worse!

Sensible voice now going! lol

I was always an auto hater till i drove an IS200 auto and i know own one!

If you are after a car to relax in luxuary get the auto if you want to hack it about and mod the engine etc dont.

Also think about the fuel of the two as the IS200 is a thirsty beast if you give it some and im sure the IS300 is worse!

Sensible voice now going! lol

Im sure power to weight ratio counts in the 300 corner....

And if modding is the route you wanna go down......ultimately.....again the 300 is what you wnat!

I agree with Manesh - having owned both the 200 and now the 300.

There are far more toys than just the engine and triptronic box, there are the HID lamps, VSC, full IS200 sport spec...

They do not look the same, the IS300 doesnt have the orange indicators in the front head light and different fog lights for example, body is the same though.

normal_Picture%20869.jpg

normal_Picture%20257.jpg

Fuel wise, consumption is only slightly less than the 200. I return around 28 MPG on the 300 at the moment.

IS200_MPG.jpg

IS300_MPG.jpg

DONT FORGET ABOUT THE LOOKS I THINK THE iS200 LOOKS BEST BUT THATS JUST MY OPINION

Please do tell me what the difference is in looks outside of the car, physical things you can see????

300 is better car but save those pennies each year because you'll need them for the MASSIVE ROAD TAX BILL that will be in forse I asume because of the new changes! surely the 300 must be £300 a year!?

300 is supposed to be a better car though. :D

DONT FORGET ABOUT THE LOOKS I THINK THE iS200 LOOKS BEST BUT THATS JUST MY OPINION

Please do tell me what the difference is in looks outside of the car, physical things you can see????

300 is better car but save those pennies each year because you'll need them for the MASSIVE ROAD TAX BILL that will be in forse I asume because of the new changes! surely the 300 must be £300 a year!?

300 is supposed to be a better car though. :D

Silly me, didnt realise we were splitting hairs......I didnt mention the indicators arent present in the headlights.....and the fogs are different...... :whistling:

The 300 still looks the friggin same though dont it?! :P

I have to agree that the 300 and the 200 look pretty much the same and driving down the street you wouldn't notice the difference.

Also personally i'd get to bored driving an automatic, where's the fun?? :yawn:

At the end of the day still a Lexus so going to be a good car! :D

OK Guys, I'm going for the Is300.

Can anyone tell me the difference between Strathconnon Blue and Montrose Blue?

Thanks again.

Ones a shade lighter, the other is a shade darker. Not sure there is much difference between between the two.