Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Budget And Road Tax

For anyone interested, this is the official information from government regarding road tax.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Ownin...cle/DG_10012524

Which confirms that band G only apply to vehicles registered on or after 23 March 2006, anything before is either by engine size (registered before 1 March 2001) or band F (registered betwen 1 March 2001 and 22 March 2006).

So for most of us, this year's road tax is £205, unless you have a LPG conversion which entitles you to a mere £15 discount, so that's £190.

For anyone interested, this is the official information from government regarding road tax.

Which confirms that band G only apply to vehicles registered on or after 23 March 2006, anything before is either by engine size (registered before 1 March 2001) or band F (registered betwen 1 March 2001 and 22 March 2006).

So for most of us, this year's road tax is £205, unless you have a LPG conversion which entitles you to a mere £15 discount, so that's £190.

your at the Wrong page

I miscalculated due to the 2006 cut off but i still have to pay £15 more.

thank goodness its not £110

The IS200 isn't band G anyway, regardless of the date of registration.......

Just out of curiosity from the post above, what made the post 2001 IS200s have higher CO2 emissions?

The IS200 isn't band G anyway, regardless of the date of registration.......

Just out of curiosity from the post above, what made the post 2001 IS200s have higher CO2 emissions?

as far as i can tell all IS200 have the 233co2 emissions figure.

Just that 1st March 2001 the CO2 tax range came into effect

all i know is if i taxed my car yesterday it would have cost £190

today it costs £205.

as far as i can tell all IS200 have the 233co2 emissions figure.

The autos aren't 233, they're 239. Not that it makes any difference, they're all too old and therefore all band F rather than G.

The IS200 does seem to have a very dirty engine, especially for 'only' a 2-litre!

The IS200 does seem to have a very dirty engine, especially for 'only' a 2-litre!

Well the IS200 does drink quite a lot so obviously it will spit out more, Carbon Dioxide is the result of a clean burning engine, it is just that CO2 has been made a convenient enemy of the world. Methane has a far higher GWP (Global Warming Potential) than CO2 but few mention that...Perhaps it is quite tricky to be able to tax farting. The government also tell us that it is Illegal for us to release the refrigerant used in car air conditioning (R134a) which also has a high GWP and they threaten large fines, yet go to a plumbers merchants and buy a can of pipe freezer and you can blow as much of that stuff anywhere you like, guess what pipe freezer is?? Yup, R134a :duh:

Its a scam....

The IS250 Manual I think is now a band G - So, looks like they will have to pay the full wack.

The IS250 Auto are below the limit so they fair better.

This, i think, will have a knock on effect for the 2nd Hand markets!

Im thinking when (in 5 yrs time say)they go to sell a car within the 2nd hand market.....would a punter be put off by having to shell out 300-400 in tax per year...??

Im thinking when (in 5 yrs time say)they go to sell a car within the 2nd hand market.....would a punter be put off by having to shell out 300-400 in tax per year...??

doubtful...

I mean, unless your buying a Honda Insight, car tax isnt cheap anyway - and the sort of people that worry about costs buy a Fiesta Diesel, not a Lexus.

Now yes, being in the highest band for a 2.5 V6 saloon takes the :tsktsk: especially considering it costs a hell of a lot more to tax than mine, but the simple fact is, anything over about 2 litres is in that upper band, and whats an extra 50-100 quid a year really?

I agree with Bobski actually, say if someone's looking to buy a 2 year old '07' plate (in 2009 obviously :P ), the tax issue has got to be an influence.

I guess the car would probably cost £20-25k, so not overly expensive, and if the manual costs £400/year while the auto costs £210/year, most buyers would go for the auto - it's got to make the manuals less desirable in the future.

Who wants to pay double the amount in road tax for effectively the same car? Although the decreased desirability, could make the purchase price much lower which would compensate the tax difference.

The tax wouldn't really put me off, as you say its only that amount yearly, but even removing the financial aspect, I think it will affect a lot of people psychologically......... ;)

My RX350 that I bought 2 weeks ago is now going to cost me £300 :-)

The point is though, that I'm not likely to go and sell it just as road tax has gone up. If the tax continues to rise, I'm still not going to sell it as it'll be almost worthless for me to sell.

The only way I'll stop buying the car I want (a Lexus) is when Lexus shut up shop and go back to Japan because they can't sell a car in the UK as it £2k to tax !!