Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Where Is The Engine Number?

boutte69

Hello chaps,

Just took delivery of a 99' RS200 Auto on monday and am filling in them forms for the dvla to get it registered tomorrow.

Can't seem to find the engine number. Can anyone tell me where on the block is it?

Many thanks

Ps: Have already managed to jam a cd in the bottom loading CD player! Coming up the the ol' Err3 :duh:

Tried the fuse and wiggle another cd in the slot tricks! No joy! Any suggestions???

Hello chaps,

Just took delivery of a 99' RS200 Auto on monday and am filling in them forms for the dvla to get it registered tomorrow.

Can't seem to find the engine number. Can anyone tell me where on the block is it?

Many thanks

Ps: Have already managed to jam a cd in the bottom loading CD player! Coming up the the ol' Err3 :duh:

Tried the fuse and wiggle another cd in the slot tricks! No joy! Any suggestions???

Well, theirs lots of threads about Err3 a good search should help,

The chassis plate is at the back of the engine, near the windshield :)

Thanks for the quick reply.

Have looked on the plate already. I was after the engine serial number. this isn't stamped on the chassis plate unfortunately. Anybody else know??

Have given up on the err3 thing for the time being... the motor doesn't even whine/click now :crybaby: Will prob give it another go tomorrow.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Have looked on the plate already. I was after the engine serial number. this isn't stamped on the chassis plate unfortunately. Anybody else know??

Have given up on the err3 thing for the time being... the motor doesn't even whine/click now :crybaby: Will prob give it another go tomorrow.

You can just give the stereo a clean if you strip it.

The engine number, you thought about looking at the log book?

You can just give the stereo a clean if you strip it.

The engine number, you thought about looking at the log book?

Yeah, I think I'll prob try to strip the unit tomorrow evening.

Emm.. I'm trying to register the car??? In order to get a logbook (V5)? :blink:

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the blury pic but find this plate (on the firewall) and on it tells you all the numbers etc. But not sure where you can find the Engine Serial Number.... Possibly some where on the engine block itself?

22-01-07_1328.jpg

It's the 3S-GE bit I think you're after - that's what my insurers wanted when they wanted the engine number

The frame number is the chassis number

Just a quick update...

car's all registered and am driving it... :D

Gave up looking... just fobed off the DVLA with a ahem...."made up" number with 3sge on the front.

Thanks for all the advice.. but none of it helped I'm afraid.... :crybaby:

I looked at the plate on the firewall first thing... same problem as when I was regestering my old MR2 Turbo a couple years back... the bloody engine number isn't on there!!! I also fobbed the dvla off with another made up 3sgte number that time as well :blush:

can't be bothered to craw underneath the car!

oh well, just thought I'll try to give the dvla the proper engine number this time. maybe not...... :whistling:

• 11 years later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links