Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls For Sale

Alex JB

Had a change of heart!

That and pressure from the wife to keep the sensible car and not buy the track day weapon that has no room for baby seats :(

She's already booked in next thursday for LPG conversion at Warington Autogas, hopefully that will sort the only real complaint I have with the LS...the MPG / fuel cost.

I really cant understand this " why buy a 4ltr 2 ton luxury car with fuel consumption in mind " mine does 20mpg urban and up to 34mpg on a good day which I think is really good for this sort of car,

my rover sterling 2.7 auto fairs worse

I didn't buy it wiht fuel consumpion in mind. It was on my list of 'cars I want to own' and as it fitted the 4 seat 4 door criterial for easy in/out with 2 child seats I went for it.

Love the car and did realise that the fuel bill would be high (160/month compared to my wifes 40/month) but with my car change each year as I go through my list, I expected to be bored of it or just want a change by now but I'm not!

This is why I now have the concern over the fuel bill, I want to keep her longer than planned. :)

I know what you are saying about your rover too, my dad had a 800 with the 2.7 it was thirsty and my mate's volvo 960 3.0 straight 6 is getting the same mpg as me ant it's gutless!

• 3 weeks later...