Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Oil

jimwire

I know this has been asked before but my search results did not answer my question. What oil should I use?

Would Castrol GTX Magnotec 10w40 be ok for the rs200?

Having it serviced in the morning.

Yep thats what i use. Are you servicing it yourself? Oil change is pretty easy to do

I know this has been asked before but my search results did not answer my question. What oil should I use?

Would Castrol GTX Magnotec 10w40 be ok for the rs200?

Having it serviced in the morning.

Yep thats what i use. Are you servicing it yourself? Oil change is pretty easy to do

Cheers.

No I'm not doing it my self because I only got it last weekend and I want my garage to check over it. It seems in good nick but I want a second opinion. Thought they might as well service it at the same time.

Having an alarm fitted today.

Very happy so far.

Each time I see it it puts a smile on my face! and thats before I drive it...

Cheers.

No I'm not doing it my self because I only got it last weekend and I want my garage to check over it. It seems in good nick but I want a second opinion. Thought they might as well service it at the same time.

Very happy so far.

Is it a full service your getting?They can be quite expensive, just to let you know. :crybaby:

Cheers.

Very happy so far.

Is it a full service your getting?They can be quite expensive, just to let you know. :crybaby:

No it's not a full service, just oil change, filters and check over. Is there anything I should find out / let them know? It's an import garage and they service our tt supra.

Also sounds like the alarm people are having problems fitting it. Not sure what because they said it will still be ready for 5 tonight.

Starting to worry now.

Cheers.

Very happy so far.

No it's not a full service, just oil change, filters and check over. Is there anything I should find out / let them know? It's an import garage and they service our tt supra.

Also sounds like the alarm people are having problems fitting it. Not sure what because they said it will still be ready for 5 tonight.

Starting to worry now.

I had a similar problem getting my alarm fitted. The guy fitting it said that he would never install an alarm on a car like this again! He said the electrics on them are crazy! Get them to check all the belts and water pump. Would be worth ur while upgrading the panel filter to the likes of a HKS or Apexi one. If your plugs need changing maybe upgrade to iridium ones

Starting to worry now.

I had a similar problem getting my alarm fitted. The guy fitting it said that he would never install an alarm on a car like this again! He said the electrics on them are crazy! Get them to check all the belts and water pump. Would be worth ur while upgrading the panel filter to the likes of a HKS or Apexi one. If your plugs need changing maybe upgrade to iridium ones

Cheers for the advice.

They managed to fit yours in the end then?

I'll stop the worry. Sure it will be fine.

Cheers for the advice.

Ah ye just he never worked on one before! He got there in the end. Just make sure they do a tidy job on it, no cables visible anywhere, everything waterproofed etc.

Cheers for the advice.

Ah ye just he never worked on one before! He got there in the end. Just make sure they do a tidy job on it, no cables visible anywhere, everything waterproofed etc.

Right, got car back from alarm place. It's fitted and it works but I need to take it back next week so they can make it work with the central locking! This will have no extra charge but thought they would have done it all in one go.

In for a service and a check over at the mo. Expensive couple of days but the peace of mind will be worth it.

Would the 98 RS200 paint be Toyota Lucerne Silver?

Got a few stone chips to sort out.

Cheers for the advice.

Right, got car back from alarm place. It's fitted and it works but I need to take it back next week so they can make it work with the central locking! This will have no extra charge but thought they would have done it all in one go.

In for a service and a check over at the mo. Expensive couple of days but the peace of mind will be worth it.

Check the Vin plate in the Engine bay for the paint code for your car. Its located beside the Battery, to the left of it as your looking at the engine.

Cheers for the advice.

Check the Vin plate in the Engine bay for the paint code for your car. Its located beside the Battery, to the left of it as your looking at the engine.

I forgot about that. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

The silver paint code is: 1C0 - Millenium Silver

Try to use any fully synthetic oils, I tend to use 5w-40.

The silver paint code is: 1C0 - Millenium Silver

Try to use any fully synthetic oils, I tend to use 5w-40.

thanks, I had fully synthetic put in it and got some touch up paint. Looking a lot better now.