Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wheel Bearing Or Not?

Hi guys, was wondering if you can point me in the right direction please?

Really need some good advise since the Mechanics tend to just fob it off and say the first thing that comes to mind cause they are not bothered to sit with you and drive to find out... :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

Basically it is making a grinding noise from the Front Drivers wheel when moving, Sounds like something stuck inthe pads and its only intermittently when it pass's the pad. only heard when moving not jacked up and hand spinning the wheel. No play in the wheel whilst it was up too.

I mechanic says its the pads, although have more than have left on them (OEM pads). the other says it is the Wheel bearing, and another says it is the wheels ball joint but not sure?? :question::angry:

My bet is the Wheel Bearing but is there a way to confirm this please? i am getting confused ouch!! :crybaby:

Any advise appreciated.

Cheers

Dibslpg :D

I'd suggest the wheel bearing but it not something that is intermittent it's normally present all the time.

Is there any noise when your turning then is a sign of a bearing or a joint.

If you want to check the pads just get the wheel off and have the pads greased up again and then you should know if it's the pads or not, getting that done shouldn't cost anything or very little. :)

Hope you get it sorted though it's anoying having noises coming from your car.

I'd suggest the wheel bearing but it not something that is intermittent it's normally present all the time.

Is there any noise when your turning then is a sign of a bearing or a joint.

If you want to check the pads just get the wheel off and have the pads greased up again and then you should know if it's the pads or not, getting that done shouldn't cost anything or very little. :)

Hope you get it sorted though it's anoying having noises coming from your car.

Cheers, Rikos,

I have just been on to the dealers parts section and he mentioned that if it is the wheel bearing then you would get a constant noise and worse when going round bends + your wheel will have some play in it too when jacked up. Best to bring it in.. :D :D (at £100 p/hours).

mine is making a noise has if something is stuck and is catching/Grinding on the disc when it goes round,:something like: Grind-----Grind-----Grind--- etcc (sound effect :P ).

Notice it when it is moving stright or bends regardless at a slow speed, never hear it when at high speed, (might be cause of road noise).

I don'nt want to spend money on fixing something that might not cure the problem..help figure this noise headach out please it is doing driving me crazy... :unsure::excl:

You could take your wheel off have a look see if anything is caught in there and try giving it a clean out.

If still no joy then you'd have to get a garage to take brakes apart to check properly, unless you feel confident taking then apart yourslef it's not too difficult with a bit of experience. :duh:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links