Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Moved from other forum

I replaced my worn out discs and pads about 1500 miles ago with Mintex discs and pads.

Recently they are squeaking very badly which is :blush: and driving me :angry: .

• They have had enough time to bed in so it cant be that
  • I used loads of copper slip/grease, so it cant be that
  • I did remember to put the shims back in

I have also taken the pads off to check for stones etc. there were no stones, but there were more little bits of metal in the pads than I expected, could it be this?

They are not scoring the disc

Dont know what to do now, could it be the discs/pad combo or maybe the shims need replacing (do these wear out)?

Any ideas would be great,

Thanks

Paul

I recently changed my brake pad and dics all round and I too get the same squeaking noise I think it takes time to bed in but that can depend on how many time you drive and brake.

I like you have done over a 1000 miles and get the odd squeaking now n then but it never always come from one side or corner it comes from all over at times or from the front or right etc... :duh: but im waiting for a lil while and see what happens

• 2 weeks later...

you have the springs for separateing the pads in ?

Would that cause the noise then? If I remember correctly, the spring on that side was all bent up and I think we left it off.

you have the springs for separateing the pads in ?

Would that cause the noise then? If I remember correctly, the spring on that side was all bent up and I think we left it off.

it could ,there should be two springs there top and bottom , I say it could cos all mine are in and it still squeals a bit

Some suggestions to be looked at

1) Loose fitting brake pads in the caliper

2) Lack of silicone compound on back of brake pad

3) Missing springs or anti-rattle clips that should be on the caliper or pad

4) Improper tightening sequence of lug nuts or caliper hardware

I had the same problem. Local garage found that brake shoe carrier was seized (£91 from Lexus!) which caused uneven pad wear aswell.

So new pads and new fluid +bleed £217 altogether. Should pick up tomorrow and cant wait to see what the brakes are like when they work properly!