Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Alloy Refurb

hi..my front left alloy wheel has the top coating flaking in some areas..very few. like a plasstic film. i just want to know if any of u had ur wheels refurbed. i dont want to buy new ones, coz i like the original ones that came on my 03 is200. the 5 spoke one. saw on a website a place that does it called lap-tab. they've got a link to the LOC as well..anyone used them or can recommend any others? their link is http://www.lap-tab.co.uk . I'm also thinking while i'm doing it to get it done in a darker Charcoal / Anthracite colour.

thanks

hi..my front left alloy wheel has the top coating flaking in some areas..very few. like a plasstic film. i just want to know if any of u had ur wheels refurbed. i dont want to buy new ones, coz i like the original ones that came on my 03 is200. the 5 spoke one. saw on a website a place that does it called lap-tab. they've got a link to the LOC as well..anyone used them or can recommend any others? their link is http://www.lap-tab.co.uk . I'm also thinking while i'm doing it to get it done in a darker Charcoal / Anthracite colour.

thanks

Hello mate

on e-bay at the moment there is a place selling a full set of refurbed alloys in exchange for your old ones the item number is

-250095194435 might be worth a look?

chris.... :D

ya seen that. i just not sure of the quality..also think it might be nice to have those alloys in different color..and the place i seen..laptab they do it all for £220 and their garage isnt far from me at all. that eBay will come up to £215...

please :) n pics if u have?

I'll ask him for you :) I'll try and get some pics up too. I saw the wheels before and after he did them and he did an excellent job. They were polished lip too which came up great considering that they'd previously been kerbed. Couldn't see a mark on them

I'd be interested in those details if you could mate.

Adie, would you be interested in trying to get a meet sorted out around our area some time?

I'm not far from Northampton, reason being i don't think i'm going to be able to make crewe meet, so thought of trying to organise one nearer to us for a different time. :D

I'd be interested in those details if you could mate.

Adie, would you be interested in trying to get a meet sorted out around our area some time?

I'm not far from Northampton, reason being i don't think i'm going to be able to make crewe meet, so thought of trying to organise one nearer to us for a different time. :D

Yeah cool. I'll need a car first though :lol:

I've now got the guys details for refurb. Chandru - I'll PM them to you now. Anybody else interested then send me a PM :)

well spoke to a mate tonight. he's going to do my wheels for £120 a set. if anybody in the kent area is intrested then give me a pm and il have a word with him. i probably going to have mine done next weekend so if people want to wait il let u know what the results are. only takes a day so i suppose u could drive there and leave the car there for the day. would probably have to take axle stands and take the wheels off urself but for £120 its worth the agro. will post up some pics when mine is done.

well spoke to a mate tonight. he's going to do my wheels for £120 a set. if anybody in the kent area is intrested then give me a pm and il have a word with him. i probably going to have mine done next weekend so if people want to wait il let u know what the results are. only takes a day so i suppose u could drive there and leave the car there for the day. would probably have to take axle stands and take the wheels off urself but for £120 its worth the agro. will post up some pics when mine is done.

what i doin to urs? full refurb i.e strip and redo? or just a touch up?