Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx Models And The Road Tax.

Hi Guys,

Could some kind soul out there help an old man with info on the new Road Tax for my 2002 RX300SE.?

Last year when I bought the car from Lexus Oxford they taxed it for me. The sum of £190 is written on the tax disc.. The car also had an MOT but no Co2 figure sheet was provided with the MOT certificate

The new list following Gordons rip off budget illustrate :-

Private Light Goods TC11 over 15449cc ... £180.00 for 12 months tax.

Petrol Car TC48 Band E 166-185 Co2 £165.00

Band F Over 185 Co2 £205.00

Band G Over 225 Co2 £ 225.00

The sums of only a £5 or £10 increase on older cars are banded about on the Radio and I am totally confused.

Can anyone give me an idea on what tax I will have to pay on my lovely old RX?

PS My wife has a 2002 BMW 3 litre diesel ... anyone got any ideas on this one. Last years CO2 figures were READING 1.49 LIMIT 1.50

Thanks to anyone who can help

Hi Guys,

Could some kind soul out there help an old man with info on the new Road Tax for my 2002 RX300SE.?

Last year when I bought the car from Lexus Oxford they taxed it for me. The sum of £190 is written on the tax disc.. The car also had an MOT but no Co2 figure sheet was provided with the MOT certificate

The new list following Gordons rip off budget illustrate :-

Private Light Goods TC11 over 15449cc ... £180.00 for 12 months tax.

Petrol Car TC48 Band E 166-185 Co2 £165.00

Band F Over 185 Co2 £205.00

Band G Over 225 Co2 £ 225.00

The sums of only a £5 or £10 increase on older cars are banded about on the Radio and I am totally confused.

Can anyone give me an idea on what tax I will have to pay on my lovely old RX?

PS My wife has a 2002 BMW 3 litre diesel ... anyone got any ideas on this one. Last years CO2 figures were READING 1.49 LIMIT 1.50

Thanks to anyone who can help

There have been 2 changes to how car tax works:

Before 1 March 2001 it was based on engine size and as you state: Private Light Goods TC11 over 1549cc ... £180.00 for 12 months tax.

Before 23rd March 2006 (But after 1st March 2001) it will fall into Band F which with the latest price rise I think will be £215

If bought after 23rd March 2006 (Just for reference) it will fall into Band G and will be taxed off the road...

In case it wasn't totally clear; your 2002 RX300SE is a Band F car and will cost (Currently) £205 for 12 months tax and with the budget increase will go up to £215.

And as far as your the BMW goes that sounds like MOT emissions test readings which have nothing to do with Tax just to do with whether the car will pass or fail it's MOT (By the look of how close it was it might well need some attention this year to pass)

I picked up my new RX 350 on March 10th. The tax disc said £210 on it. I think it'll rise to £300 next year if I read the VED website correctly.

Oh well, it'd have to go up to *at least* a grand before I'd think about getting rid of it - and even then the car would be worth jack all so I'd probably still keep it !!

OK - how about tax band for RX400h? My disc shows "Alternative Fuel Car" and is priced at £180 - its a Jan 06 car but I only bought it last month and it was taxed last month.....

It shows as Band F but I'm not sure which way it's taxed. Ken Livingstone has kindly exempted me from Congestion Charge for a £10 fee.... How does Gordon Brown see these vehicles?

Jonathan

Edit: Just found answer for myself at DVLA Website.

Alternative Fuel car band F - now £190 - so compared with "normal" cars RX400h owners save £15 per year on car tax!

OK - how about tax band for RX400h? My disc shows "Alternative Fuel Car" and is priced at £180 - its a Jan 06 car but I only bought it last month and it was taxed last month.....

It shows as Band F but I'm not sure which way it's taxed. Ken Livingstone has kindly exempted me from Congestion Charge for a £10 fee.... How does Gordon Brown see these vehicles?

Jonathan

Edit: Just found answer for myself at DVLA Website.

Alternative Fuel car band F - now £190 - so compared with "normal" cars RX400h owners save £15 per year on car tax!

Thanks Guys for the replies.... What a dog's dinner. I really do wonder who thinks all these weezes up down at the Westminster village.... I have had confirmed by Lexus that both my Lexus RX300 (2002 model) and BMW 3 litre diesel (also 02 model) are Band F and the charges are £205 pa each... If we are careful in our house we may still manage the evening meal... Roy

I picked up my new RX 350 on March 10th. The tax disc said £210 on it. I think it'll rise to £300 next year if I read the VED website correctly.

Oh well, it'd have to go up to *at least* a grand before I'd think about getting rid of it - and even then the car would be worth jack all so I'd probably still keep it !!

Check the V5 doc. If it was registered before March 23rd 2006 your car should only be BAND F; Make sure they aren't ripping you off!!!

Check out here: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Ownin...cle/DG_10012524

Good job all these budget increases are for 'new' cars and not post-dated to older models ;)

So I'll be paying £215 this year for our RX300, beats the £300 (and higher) on new. Got to always look at the positive :) but I agree with JavaBoss above, Tax would need to be £1k to maek me think about owning an SUV over say a 'car'. Still I wuld have preferred to see the mdoels like the RX400h pay less...