Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I know that some people have managed to burn music onto DVD's and play them through the MM system.

Using Roxio 8, I have created a DVD discs filled with Audio, but whilst it plays happily on my both my Cheapo Asda (Pacific brand) DVD player and my Panasonic DVD Recorder, it won't play through the MM.

I know some of you have managed to do this, and I'd like some simple steps so that I can have another go. Anyone? :blink:

PS - Roxio 8 is absolutely fabulous for transferring old LP's and Cassettes onto MP3 - what a find!! The sound quality is amazing, provided you have a decent Hifi in the first place.

Hi,

A solution was posted here before.

Basically with Audio Dvd Creator you're making a DVD-Video which the system can play. It has just some still menu screens as video, it is full of Dolby Digital (ac-3) music files.

Cheers,

RX-Men-8

Have tried DVD Audio Creator and can confirm it works.

Demo version only allows burning of first five folders and first five tracks in each folder, but it does work. I have used Imation DVD-R discs.

The only problem I have found is the resume function is limited - after switching off then back on again, it remembers the track you were listening to, but goes back to the start of the track.

As it works, I have ordered the full version.

Looks like each DVD will hold at least 10-15 albums.

Mark

Resume is a pain sometimes yes, especially when you make or receive a call and the track you were listening to starts from the beginning again. I found it worthwhile buying DVD9's though for the extra capacity (despite the extra cost I'm not going to have to replace them as often as the DVD5's) My last attempts hit over 95 albums on a disk, I did reduce the quality to 128kbits though and it still sounds good through the ML system.

With Roxio 8, some of the tracks play fine on every other DVD player I have tried - including a portable one and a relatives Mercedes Comand system, but won't play on the MLS (I get a blank screen and then the whole system crashes...I get a blank screen and sometimes I have to power down, other times it goes back to main menu - rubbish when you're moving!), while others will

It's too much faffing around for my liking, so I've gone back to trusted CD's...

I got a copy of Roxio 9 and attempted to create a disk. It played ok in my ML system however considering the source was high quality 5.1 ac3 audio, it did a damned awful job of presenting it. It converted it down to 2 channels and the compression artifacts in the recording are so bad it's like a low quality wav file (even though the bit rate is quoted as pretty high).

It's a shame too as I prefer the flexibility of Roxio, you can customise more and I liked the shuffle feature and many menus for organising music. What kind of DVDRs are you using?

I got a copy of Roxio 9 and attempted to create a disk. It played ok in my ML system however considering the source was high quality 5.1 ac3 audio, it did a damned awful job of presenting it. It converted it down to 2 channels and the compression artifacts in the recording are so bad it's like a low quality wav file (even though the bit rate is quoted as pretty high).

It's a shame too as I prefer the flexibility of Roxio, you can customise more and I liked the shuffle feature and many menus for organising music. What kind of DVDRs are you using?

I used an HP4.7 - might try a Verbatim, which seem most compatible with most things :blink:

Agreed - Roxio is soooo easy to use and so flexible. And it's real VF£M