Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Boddamloon's Mods To Date

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fitted my eyebrows today and private plate which i cut 1.5 inch off either side because it looked too much empty space at the ends.I would have liked to cut off a little bit more but couldn't because of the little square holes in the bumper that the original plate holder clips into.

also you will notice i too have taken off the Lexus badge from the grille.

looks like i will have to change the drivers headlamp as well bcos of the condensation......does anyone know the price of a replacement???

picture019kb3.jpg

If you keep your eye out on eBay, they pop up quite regularly! That's unless you're after a new'un?

Them eyelids look cool mate, how did you find the fitment of them?

The grille looks good as well mate and that was a brave move slicing the number plate :)

J

I think ill just go for a new one bcos it seems to be a problem with this headlights and wouldnt like to buy someone elses one that condens up.

The brows fitment was perfect but the sticky pads were crap so i used Halfords number plate sticky pads which take a much better hold.

The number plate i should have taken a pic before i cut them, they looked sh it and looks so much better now.but as i said you need to measure well for the holes in bumper.

i took some more pics today(i just cant stop taking pics of the Lex lol) so here they are. The punto is my sons for driving in the fields(hes 11) and when i fitted the brows he asked if i could buy him some for the punto and i said no as they are 50 quid on eBay.He was very quiet for an hour and then he came out the garage with his car all smiles and when i looked he had painted brows on with a brush!!!! bless him

lex35vq0.jpg

picture044qi2.jpg

picture041pn0.jpg

picture042gi4.jpg

lex34ip6.jpg

did the eyebrows come in the color u needed? also ur rear light clusters..are they the original ones or aftermarket? seem to look bit different in that 2nd last pic. what reg is urs?

Theeyebrows are actually carbon effect but i could not wait to try them on.I will get them painted later i am looking at buying a bodykit so will get them all done at the same time.The tail lights do look different but think its just the way the sun is hitting them(they are standard)Mine is a 2000 'X'

Here's my new kit in raw form you will see the front splitter is a little crooked it must have been with the heat and the journey home in the car but it does straighten out and should be ok once its on

The car went to the body shop this afternoon and i should have it back on Friday sometime so i cant wait to see how it looks

i thought i had taken a pic of the back apron too but cant find it on my camera

picture084yu9.jpg

picture085ee2.jpg

.........and it should look something like this when done

dc1ym5.jpg

961nb0.jpg

Rod

Give me a shout once its done oh & some photos. If you not back sunning B) yourself in Africa you might want a run down to Abz & show it off.

Cheers

Bobby

No probs Bobby i will probally get my springs done start of next week by the time i get it back from shop but im always up for showing off :winky:

i didnt go for the boot spoiler as the laxus one i have is screwed down to the boot + 3m tape in the middle and i dont want to go filling holes in boot lid so i am stuck with the one i have which i dont think looks that bad but i just wanted something bigger

I can see what you mean about the part of the front splitter where it would go into the bumper next to the fogs, thus making it look more flush, look forward to seeing it attached

Not a happy chappy the bodyshop just been on the phone and the bodykit is all too long for the car and its impossible to get it to fit.The kit was advertised for an IS300 can anyone confirm that the 200 and 300 bodies are identicle.The kit was for the saloon but im thinking it might have been for the sportscross.When i tried it in nottingham i still had my mudflaps on and could not be very accurate

the guy who i got the bodykit from is trying to say the front bumper is slightly different but i dont think-so but all the bodykit panels are too long

Rod Checked some sites & from what I can find the IS300 is as follows:

External dimensions: overall length (mm): 4,486, overall width (mm): 1,725, overall height (mm): 1,410, wheelbase (mm): 2,670, front track (mm): 1,496, rear track (mm): 1,486 and curb to curb turning circle (mm): 10,394

And the IS 200 is

Length 4400 mm

Width 1725 mm

Height *1420 mm

Wheel base 2670 mm

So it would look like the IS is longer overall. Hope this helps.....bummer :angry: