Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Boddamloon's Mods To Date

Both the front and back bumpers are longer in the USA from what I remember due to different crash bar regulations etc.

Marcus on here did all the work himself to get the Vizage kit to fit - it's possible, just difficult as I'm sure he'll tell you - he put a lot of work into that!

Side skirts are the same though, not that it's much consolation!

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the guy who i got the bodykit from is trying to say the front bumper is slightly different but i dont think-so but all the bodykit panels are too long

Rod Checked some sites & from what I can find the IS300 is as follows:

External dimensions: overall length (mm): 4,486, overall width (mm): 1,725, overall height (mm): 1,410, wheelbase (mm): 2,670, front track (mm): 1,496, rear track (mm): 1,486 and curb to curb turning circle (mm): 10,394

And the IS 200 is

Length 4400 mm

Width 1725 mm

Height *1420 mm

Wheel base 2670 mm

So it would look like the IS is longer overall. Hope this helps.....bummer :angry:

O thanks for that Bobby it looks like the spec sheets on here from lexus are all wrong as it shows them as being identicle maybe these should get changed so no one else gets it wrong thanks anyway mate

Both the front and back bumpers are longer in the USA from what I remember due to different crash bar regulations etc.

Marcus on here did all the work himself to get the Vizage kit to fit - it's possible, just difficult as I'm sure he'll tell you - he put a lot of work into that!

Side skirts are the same though, not that it's much consolation!

Thanks for that Aido it looks like it could be an american kit thats found its way here.The bodyshop said they could chop it to fit but i paid good money for the kit and dont really want to pay loads more for fitting and the guy said he will take it back and give me a full refund so i guess i will look for another possibly a plastic one as im scared of this fibre glass chipping with me having the granite sky and being left with loads of white stone chips

I have just fitted HID 6000 and my side light i can see yellow is there any white side light bulbs on the market?

Hello Rod

Yes mate you can get hid look side light bulbs on e-bay if you look for 501 bulbs, there are loads on there mate these are the ones i got or you can get the white LED ones :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LEXUS-IS200-501-W5W-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Chris.... :)

picture103lw4.jpg

picture102jx8.jpg

I have done a few more mods and have not had my camera out so i got it out today.

1.HiD Kit fitted i opted for the 6000 for the dipped lights but have also ordered for the full beam aswell.

2.Chrystal side light bulbs. I could see the yellow of the standard side light bulbs so these had to get changed too.

3.Induction Kit(thanks to Jay)

4.Painted engine covers in gloss black but will need to do this again at some point as they reacted(didnt clean them well enough) :angry:

Induction kits looking good mate!

which hid's did you go for, almost bought some the other day but some tw*t hit my car in the car park at work so will have to get that fixed instead, damage aint too bad but still, its the thought of it being there the whole time!

which hid's did you go for, almost bought some the other day but some tw*t hit my car in the car park at work so will have to get that fixed instead, damage aint too bad but still, its the thought of it being there the whole time!

This was the ones i got.Jay.

You are not having much luck at the moment mate.Sorry to hear that.Is the person going to pay for it?

Jay

Sorry to hear about the car, too many tw*ts in the car parks not caring who or what they hit, BAS :tsktsk: TRDS !!

Rod

Car looking good, smart induction kit you got there hows the car sounding now :D . Will have to look into the HIDs, did you fit yourself ? not sure whats involved & costs :duh:.

Whats next cause there aint no stoppin' you now.

Cheers

Bobby

Rod

Car looking good, smart induction kit you got there hows the car sounding now :D . Will have to look into the HIDs, did you fit yourself ? not sure whats involved & costs :duh:.

Whats next cause there aint no stoppin' you now.

Cheers

Bobby

Bobby it sounds great i cant keep my foot off the the go-go pedal and it makes a nice noise when you do a quick gear change and let cluth out quick(im like a 17 year old i know)Fitted the kit myself it took less than 10 mins to fit the hardest part being getting the bulb into passenger side as the washer bottle is in the way but i got it.The only costs are the kit + i recommend to get the side light bulbs i think they were less than a fiver.Sorted.

next thing i want is .................................YOUR CHARGER :P

I knew there was something else but couldn't remember till now!!!

I finally got my springs fitted but i wont take any pics for a few weeks to let it settle.The back is sitting perfect but because the front springs are stiffer they always take a few weeks to settle so im hoping it drops down another 15mm.I fitted teins with a 35mm drop on the front and a 23mm on the rear.

Someone told me on here that it takes 5 hrs labout to get springs done i did mine on my mates ramp in 3 hrs 15 mins so it looks like garages are taking the p1ss.Anyone else had springs fitted by a garage who have charged 5 hours

This was the ones i got.Jay.

You are not having much luck at the moment mate.Sorry to hear that.Is the person going to pay for it?

i wish, they never had the balls to come and tell me so they fled. Wasn't a happy chappy to say the least lol.

The cars coming along nicely though dude!

My suspension was bouncy since putting in new springs but yesterday it felt a lot firmer i guess its just with it dropping all the time.I am getting really bad shaking at 50mph would i be best to leave it a few more days before i get the geometry done?

picture105af3.jpg

My suspension was bouncy since putting in new springs but yesterday it felt a lot firmer i guess its just with it dropping all the time.I am getting really bad shaking at 50mph would i be best to leave it a few more days before i get the geometry done?

picture105af3.jpg

Looking better already how low are you hoping it will drop (35mm ?)

Looks good with those wheels

picture103lw4.jpg

picture102jx8.jpg

I have done a few more mods and have not had my camera out so i got it out today.

1.HiD Kit fitted i opted for the 6000 for the dipped lights but have also ordered for the full beam aswell.

2.Chrystal side light bulbs. I could see the yellow of the standard side light bulbs so these had to get changed too.

4.Painted engine covers in gloss black but will need to do this again at some point as they reacted(didnt clean them well enough) :angry:

Hey m8 just a quick question what sort of paint did you use? I used some spray last time & it was wrong just flaked off after awhile lol...

picture103lw4.jpg

picture102jx8.jpg

Hey m8 just a quick question what sort of paint did you use? I used some spray last time & it was wrong just flaked off after awhile lol...

i used plastikote but mines is not perfect i think rogue is the one to answer this best?

Yes Bobby it should be 35 on front and 23 on rear

When i let out clutch slowly without throttle my engine just stalled and the response was lumpy.

Fitted my iridiums today and hey presto! its like driving a new car.

The old plugs were also the iridiums but when i looked at the tips on the bottom they were burned away slightly i will get pics of the new and old to let you compare the difference in them.