Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Boddamloon's Mods To Date

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the hids u got m8..are they good? do they light up the road much more/better than the standard hb4 bulbs that come with the lex? just wondering why some charge like £200 or more i.e. prolex. urs wasnt too bad the price

Yes i have only spent about 5 hours with them in total darkness and i am yet to get used to them they show everything so different.I once read that they are the closest thing to daylight at night and the person who quoted this could not have hit the nail any better and im sure anyone who has HiDs fitted will back me up on this.As for the prices it like everything else we buy the big manafacturer comes out with something first then the smaller manafacturer then copies it without the initial design costs.

• 2 weeks later...

do I assume your Reg Plate will be fitted to the bumper? in my honest opinion with the boot smoothed out, I thought, 'rover 45' sorry if thats not what u wanted to here, i guess thats the plus side of being able to try it before actually doing it to the car

but the side without door strips looks good, that would be a nice subtle modification

Defo not sure about the bootlid,

the whole beauty of the rear end is the oversized plate and ball foglights.. coupled with the, once OTT, rear clusters made the IS what it is.

but what ever floats your boat.

door strips is a good one though, like it... nice mod :)

The bootlid is a bold one i must agree and it would also take lots of money to do it right.But i do like it if im honest but cant see me doing it.The door strips i might do sometime as i spoke about this before to some of you guys.But all in all it shoved in an afternoon playing with paintshop haha

Not too keen on the bootlid thing myself either - doesn't look too bad as in that pic, but as soon as you mount the license plate somewhere it's not supposed to be, the whole thing start to look really bad......just my opinion mind :)

The door strips removed looks ok, but isn't there a recess on the doors where the strips are? Sorry if I'm totally thinking of something else and am completely wrong! :P

Not a fan at all of the boot mod, there was one on here that was done and to be honest it doesn't rock my boat at all, like the guys have said the stying of the boot with the rear lights is what makes the IS an IS (or an Altezza) - take it away and it might as well be an Astra with Lexus lights fitted, just doesn't look right at all imho.

As for the door strips, nice, I think Chris (LowRed) did similar with his old IS, he may have had the door handles smoothed out too, can't remember off the top of my head but do remember that it looked very good indeed!