Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Boddamloon's Mods To Date

Fluff, yeh i was going to add a "fluted" piece on the end of the pipe but didnt have any stainless at the time but will do i think so that it catches a bt more cool air.My temp used to sit at 1 stroke below the half way mark and now its sitting 2 strokes below. How about the rest of the guys with supercharger and induction whats your temp sitting at?

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fluff, yeh i was going to add a "fluted" piece on the end of the pipe but didnt have any stainless at the time but will do i think so that it catches a bt more cool air.My temp used to sit at 1 stroke below the half way mark and now its sitting 2 strokes below. How about the rest of the guys with supercharger and induction whats your temp sitting at?

guess you mean engine coolant temp? when i had the induction kit it didnt make any difference - i dont see how it would TBH

guess you mean engine coolant temp? when i had the induction kit it didnt make any difference - i dont see how it would TBH

The colder the air going into the engine the colder the engine is going to be and the cooler the coolant temp will be aint it?Thats what im finding since i have added the pipe behind bumper. Maybe its a combination of that colder air being around the radiator and plus the cold air thats going through the tte airbox and blowing onto the engine/charger

Well, on my old silver s/c lexus the water temp was 1/2 way, s/c or not.

Oil temp without oilcooler was about 80, with oilcooler 65, running speed 50-75mph

New Green s/c water temp 2 strokes below 1/2 with no oilcooler.

Oil temp about 70 with no oilcooler.

as you had the bumper cover fitted it allows more air to the front of the car.... so would explain the temp drop.

I did notice a drop in temp when i removed the plastic guard from behind the standard grille.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for comments guys

@Stav, the shiney intercooler looks awesome and might be something ill be looking at soon

@Gord , Just leaving for motherwell tomorrow for a day then off to Holland and not back until Friday night or else i would have been up for this.

Got to admit Chris is does take a bit of getting used to the noise. I think my one is probally a bit louder than any of the other ones i have heard not sure if this is because i used stainless in the induction rather than silicon hose. Even evo/scooby drivers come up to me asking whats going on under the hood as it sounds so different to turbos. But its not everyones cup of tea

the noise of the s/c whining away is awesome!! i love it to bits and it turns heads in a heartbeat!! something i fell in love with straight away and prefer over the turbo sound.

each to their own i guess.

You should here it with bigger pulley :winky:

the noise of the s/c whining away is awesome!! i love it to bits and it turns heads in a heartbeat!! something i fell in love with straight away and prefer over the turbo sound.

u got induction kit on it or standard airbox??

its OTT with induction IMHO

u got induction kit on it or standard airbox??

its OTT with induction IMHO

Standard tte airbox after 400rpm its very nice mate :winky: well from inside the car, not herd it from outside, will try driving with window open today :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links