Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thanks Dr Bones

ScifiPaul

I was lucky enough to get a cancellation today and so was invited to visit Dr Bones for a full Geometry on my IS200. The man is a master of his craft ! He explained what was out, how he would change it and then showed, step by step how he dragged all the wheels to point in the same direction. Brilliant !

Mine is a stock standard SE but even so, after his magic touch the tyres have been coated with limpet juice and it corners on rails ! No more wandering in and out of the lorry grooves on the M4 ! Just for the peace of mind in knowing that all the wheels are pointing the same way and are set up as good as they can be makes it worth the trip.

Thanks Tony !

Paulk :geek:

Thank you for the kind words. Your car was a typical Lexus, who's chassis position not only spoiled the drive it also spoiled the front tyres. Simple calibration to the wim positions and a compliant car like yours is a pleasure to set. As for the running explanation? I prefer the owner to watch :unsure: It's your car, your Geometry, so watching it being recovered is only polite in my book, plus we can talk about any techie stuff if you feel the need. See you in 2000 miles for the free fine-tune.

• 2 months later...

Hi all can anyone help me, after a recent service ive been told my front wheel alignment are out both inner thread are on 1 the centre and outer on 2-4. had new tyres only in november. Can anyone point me into the right direction where to take my car for a geometery in the west midlands.

thanks

Take the drive to see Tony (WIM) (Wheels In Motion).. you certainly wont regret it and if you're going to get a full geom done then get it done by the geezer that wrote the set up :winky:

Take the drive to see Tony (WIM) (Wheels In Motion).. you certainly wont regret it and if you're going to get a full geom done then get it done by the geezer that wrote the set up :winky:

Thank you for the recommendation Adie... Nils your problem needs particular attention that few can offer. My best suggestion is here

TDi-North

21 & 22 Aston Court,

Kingsland Grange,

Warrington, WA1 4SG

Tel: 0800 0196055

Email: info@TDi-North.com

They have and understand the Geometric positions wim wrote for the IS some years ago....

I hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I want to get a quote for mine too dave! Its a sport, running on Tein S tec springs (around 350mm drop) ive been recommended a trip to yourself by a fair few people to look at my geomatry!

Question is, how much!?

I want to get a quote for mine too dave! Its a sport, running on Tein S tec springs (around 350mm drop) ive been recommended a trip to yourself by a fair few people to look at my geomatry!

Question is, how much!?

You have a pm.

got mine booked 2 weeks as its properly ******* not even protyre could mend it HOPEFULLY PLEEEEAAASE Wim can lol :)

Edited by Bazza
please stop swearing or attempting to bypass the swear censor !!

hmm I'm due new boots soon, so I might pop down there and see what they can do for me before getting expensive tyres - my steering wheel points slightly off centre when going straight so I hope this can be rectified as well. This really bugs me !!

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys i live in ireland and would find it a bit far to travel to get my altezza done im a mechanic by trade and have full access to a laser linement system at work it measures camber caster and toe front and rear, can anyone tell me the correct measurements id have to set my car at and is it easy to set all these angles ie are there adjusters for each angle or do i undo the wishbone to get the caster and camber etc

help!

hi guys i live in ireland and would find it a bit far to travel to get my altezza done im a mechanic by trade and have full access to a laser linement system at work it measures camber caster and toe front and rear, can anyone tell me the correct measurements id have to set my car at and is it easy to set all these angles ie are there adjusters for each angle or do i undo the wishbone to get the caster and camber etc

help!

You have a pm.

Im going to see the DR very soon!

As soon as my shocks arrive!

I hope he solves the Front inner tyre wear Actually im 100% certain he will!!

We will... The wim positions have been used Globally for three years now, so reasonably proven to stop the tyre wear, improve the handling/steering feel and braking performance.

• 3 months later...

We will... The wim positions have been used Globally for three years now, so reasonably proven to stop the tyre wear, improve the handling/steering feel and braking performance.

hi doc,

can you give me your settings for a std is200 sport, so i can get my geometry set up as it wears on the edges of my front tyres quite bad, as when i have it 4 wheel aligned they dont do castor/camber just toe in/out, or if you wont give me the settings can you tell me where you are based or reccomend someone near me at south wales ,near neath,swansea, cardiff area of s wales.

thanks

hi doc,

can you give me your settings for a std is200 sport, so i can get my geometry set up as it wears on the edges of my front tyres quite bad, as when i have it 4 wheel aligned they dont do castor/camber just toe in/out, or if you wont give me the settings can you tell me where you are based or reccomend someone near me at south wales ,near neath,swansea, cardiff area of s wales.

thanks

I can pm you the settings but cannot control how well the car will be set outside of wim> http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/ or TDi> http://www.tdi-plc.com/

We have cars come to us from all around the UK and indeed Europe in desperation to finally resolve the habitual front tyre wear issues....

If you can come to us we can deal with any complications on the fly.. If not i am prepared to send the data as requested.