Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Virgin Media

Steve

I've had more trouble with them since they took over from Telewest, my phone hasn't worked for the past 3 days slow broadband and they say they have no reports of problems round my way and it wont be until wed this week that an engineer can come out. ;)

yea i have Virgin Media as well, its had its ups & downs..........but at the end off the day with all take overs you going to get this to start with.........but when he has it the way he wants it will be alot better than before + he will not let Sky bully him! as they are takeing Sky to court over the price........in the long run we should see good price drop.

I say sick with it, as RB seem to get the best out off what ever he puts his cash into :winky:

I cant say its because of the new owner that we've had problems as it was fine b4, i think the trouble is that most of the underground cables are in pits and they are shared by others so when a BT customer has a complaint the engineers dont care wether they cut into other operators wires and if they have to splice into the cables you will find that they will only protect their own wires and leave the others unprotected and if the pit gets waterlogged it affect the other operators wires :ph34r:...still roll on Wednesday.

I cant say its because of the new owner that we've had problems as it was fine b4, i think the trouble is that most of the underground cables are in pits and they are shared by others so when a BT customer has a complaint the engineers dont care wether they cut into other operators wires and if they have to splice into the cables you will find that they will only protect their own wires and leave the others unprotected and if the pit gets waterlogged it affect the other operators wires :ph34r:...still roll on Wednesday.

Winnie, with all due respect, what you have just said is not only incorrect, it is libelous, i am one of the BT engineers who work in joint boxes, BT's cables are ONLY run in BT's joint boxes, no other telco company has access to BT external plant, BT have no access to other companies external plant (only NTL refer to them as pits, is this where you got your info?) NTL have their own seperate network, and own joinboxes, BT's quality standards are world class, i should know as every joint entry is logged (as is every repair point of intervention), we are audited on our work, any quality failure is a disciplinary offence, if an engineer left an open joint, as you suggest, they would be in serious trouble, and even face dismissal. So i object strongly to these accusations, and libelous statements.

Im only relaying what has been said to me by an engineer the last time i reported a fault (maybe things are different in Wales), the 1 thing i am absolutly positive about is that the "pit" in my road is shared (fact) overall BT has more complaints around my area than any other operator,probably because they have more users.

Winnie, with all due respect, what you have just said is not only incorrect, it is libelous, i am one of the BT engineers who work in joint boxes, BT's cables are ONLY run in BT's joint boxes, no other telco company has access to BT external plant, BT have no access to other companies external plant (only NTL refer to them as pits, is this where you got your info?) NTL have their own seperate network, and own joinboxes, BT's quality standards are world class, i should know as every joint entry is logged (as is every repair point of intervention), we are audited on our work, any quality failure is a disciplinary offence, if an engineer left an open joint, as you suggest, they would be in serious trouble, and even face dismissal. So i object strongly to these accusations, and libelous statements.

Just a quick update for Mr BT engineer star a......put the lawyers on hold fella:

Pic 1 shows entry to my Virgin Media phone cables in a pit right outside my house.

VirginMedia002.jpg

Oh look....whos that in the BT owned pit, its a Virgin Media engineer.

VirginMedia003.jpg

Apparently a BT engineer was in the pit last Wednesday (a neighbour told us) and he nicked a trace wire from my line to hook up a new customer.......quality!!...remember BT''s quality standars are world class.

Surely they can't share cables? When Telewest started in this area that had to dig up the roads, the footpaths, the countryside, the gardens and drives to put their cables in. They have surface mounted boxes all over the place that the take their feeds from and only seem to go underground to feed a cable to a new customer. Does this work different in other areas?

I know what you mean, as in other areas you do see the green road/street mounted boxes but where i live it is not the case as they share the pit....Ooops i mean joint boxes.

He identified the problem straight away as there was a brand new line put in and they (yes BT) nicked my line, so i guess...hope someone is for the high jump. Oh and they left the dome covers off the bunch of wires :shutit:

Proof is above!!!