Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Windscreen Replacement ...... Any Tips?

tonb

Had the misfortune to take a large projectile square on the top of the windscreen the other night ..... thought I had got away with it until yesterday and saw a lovely crack gleefully spreading down the screen :angry:

Got it booked it for Friday - at the small cost of 500 beer tokens ... :sad:

the point of my post - has anybody else had their screen replaced - and if so are there any tips on what to look out for when they are removing and refitting?

:eerrrmm: :backofnet::zorro:

You should check your insurance. Most companies give you cover for windscreens and if you go through them it'll only cost £50 or so.

My rear windscreen was replaced year before last and the only thing really to watch out for is that you don't drive it before the replacement guys tell you it'll be ready. Also, don't be surprised if it's marked Toyota!

• 1 month later...

:D HI ,I got a stone chip,on windscreen,on monday morning,.

:geek: Within the congestion zone ,[at roadworks ,Ludgate Hill] :question:

As expected ,small chip ,,now nice designer crack.[ls 400]

:( rang Lexus, 580 beer cans plus bottle tops[110]?.

:hocus-pokus: rang Charles Pugh,kentish town, I have had

work done with them in the past [mercedes 300D]

245 beer cans,,inclusive :alien: yes 245

:geek: booked in for8.30,,,this morning must ,,hurry

good luck,,,,

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links