Should I Keep My Car Tax Poll!

nwc100

Do i take the tax disc or not  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Should i take the disc

• Take the disc and say nothing
    • Take the disc and tell the garage
    • leave it in the car

Ok i need some help i have a small moral dilemma, Im soon going to part ex my IS200 for an avensis d4d and was thinking the avensis has only £135 to pay in car tax per year and the lex is £180 so could almost pay for itself. So do i take the disc which is mine and runs till Jan 08 or do i leave it in the car, ive never taken one out of a car before, what i do know is its quite easy to refund though.

Thanks for your help

Nick

Better check before doing anything, p-ex value is usually based on the car as it was at the time. If you didn't mention that you were taking the tax off, they'll most likely knock that off what they were going to give you for it........

Ok i need some help i have a small moral dilemma, Im soon going to part ex my IS200 for an avensis d4d and was thinking the avensis has only £135 to pay in car tax per year and the lex is £180 so could almost pay for itself. So do i take the disc which is mine and runs till Jan 08 or do i leave it in the car, ive never taken one out of a car before, what i do know is its quite easy to refund though.

Thanks for your help

Nick

If you have already taken the IS200 to a dealer and had a PX price against the Avensis then the price offered would have included the value of the tax disc. If this is the case you would be offering the IS200 to someone for a set price, then removing the tax disc and you expect the buyer to honour the original offer price.

On the other hand, if you intend to visit a dealer and ask for a PX price just mention that you are selling without the tax disc. I cannot see what you would gain be doing this as the dealer would just deduct the value of the tax disc from his original intended offer.

Just do what YOU think is right, it's your concious after all.

ok so i got a price from the garage for my car as part ex earlier he sat at his computer asked me some details and bang gave me a price! never asked if it was taxed or mot'd. so i think im going to take it out.

Never once have i bought a car with tax on it and now i know why......the greedy garage!

So this morning i got me an Avensis its a 2003 D4D t spirit, its as close as i will get to another Lexus for a while but due to my drive moving from a 14 mile round trp to 68 mile round trip i just couldnt justify keeping the IS and putting such a huge amount of petrol in it.

Its the one thing i didnt want to do with moving jobs is sell the car but i think ill be happy with the toyota the only real difference is its a little noiser inside and not as fastbut other than that it has the same if not higher spec than the IS.

So when i get it next week ill report back on how it is compared to the IS.

Nick

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links