Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Late Insurance Claim

hi all

it was about last xmas, in a car park of greenwich. where my car was scraped by a careless driver. left about 10cm * 10cm scratch on the front bumper

luckly i was in the car when the accident happened, and got all his insurance info. so i didnt call the police and the insurance company at that time.

the thing is, i havn't been to repair my car untill now.. so wondering would it be too late to claim the insurance for repairing? can i just leave my car to a local bodyshop (or lexus dealership) with that guy's insurance info and let them take care about it?

many thanks

simon.

Your policy will say that you MUST contact your insurers as soon as possible after an accident.

Questions will be asked as to why you have left it three months and they will argue that their position has been prejudiced by your late reporting.

The Editor

I hope you manage to get it sorted without any problems. :D

The insurance company may try and sneak there way out of it as it has been 3 months even if you have been away, they hate paying for things as it is!!!

You should of gone after the person that hit your car and made them pay for it would of been quicker and easier than going through insurance, i hate the sodding companies :P

I hope you manage to get it sorted without any problems. :D

The insurance company may try and sneak there way out of it as it has been 3 months even if you have been away, they hate paying for things as it is!!!

You should of gone after the person that hit your car and made them pay for it would of been quicker and easier than going through insurance, i hate the sodding companies :P

thank you Rikos

the person who hit my car claimed that was a company car, so he refused to sort it out personally. i hate dealing with insurance company either, especailly when i don't speak good english. :crybaby: