Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250 Lack Of Power When Low Rev

hi all

had a IS250 loan car last week during my IS200 60k service.

the car eqquied with an automatic gearbox, and i found it extermly lack of power in fully auto mode, during the low rev (especially while the car start to move).

then i tried the tiptronic mode, changed gear when nearly approach the red line, and i found the most power output was nearly above 4000 rpm

i personally felt that it wasn't suitable for driving on a cityway.

am i right or wrong??

many thanks

simon

hi all

had a IS250 loan car last week during my IS200 60k service.

the car eqquied with an automatic gearbox, and i found it extermly lack of power in fully auto mode, during the low rev (especially while the car start to move).

then i tried the tiptronic mode, changed gear when nearly approach the red line, and i found the most power output was nearly above 4000 rpm

i personally felt that it wasn't suitable for driving on a cityway.

am i right or wrong??

many thanks

simon

No you're wrong mate, especially if you are comparing it to a 200. The auto box is fairly quick throughout the whole range and even quicker if you have the ECT power switch on to restrict the change up. You sure you didn't have the rocker switch in the 'snow' position? :D

thank you for all the replies.. much appreciated

however do anyone realise that when you start the car in full automatic mode, the gearbox starts from 4th gear in default.. is that why i felt the car lack of power?

i am sure it wasn't in snow mode, and the footbrake was released. :winky:

however do anyone realise that when you start the car in full automatic mode, the gearbox starts from 4th gear in default.. is that why i felt the car lack of power?

Don't be silly...it doesn't do that. Was there something wrong with the car or is this a wind up? Are you sure you had it in auto because if the gear lever is over to the right of the auto slot it's in manual mode,,,,you can use the paddles on the wheel OR push the gear lever forward or back to manually change up or down. Sounds like you had it in manual and fourth gear from your description, but can't think how you'd manage to drive it like that.

Lack of power?? You've got to be joking, even though it's only 206 brake horse power in standard form.

B)

Don't be silly...it doesn't do that. Was there something wrong with the car or is this a wind up? Are you sure you had it in auto because if the gear lever is over to the right of the auto slot it's in manual mode,,,,you can use the paddles on the wheel OR push the gear lever forward or back to manually change up or down. Sounds like you had it in manual and fourth gear from your description, but can't think how you'd manage to drive it like that.

Lack of power?? You've got to be joking, even though it's only 206 brake horse power in standard form.

well. i started the engine when the car is in auto mode, then i instantly changed it to manual mode, and there was a '4' showed on the display screen.. sorry if the question is being silly. cos i have driven serveral semi-auto cars before and never had this kinda problem.

yea.. i have to admit the power above 3000rpm was awesome...

when the lever is in sport mode the 4 you see indicates the maximum gear the car will go into. it isn't a true semi-auto, all you can do is lock out higher gears. It just defaults to 4 for some reason.

(eg set it to 2 and it will use 1st and 2nd. set it to 4 and it will use 1, 2, 3 and 4. etc etc)

Go through the trip computer and you'll see another set of numbers indicating the actual gear the car is in.

Oh yeah, and max torque is somewhere above 4000rpm