Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tint

rush

Hi Lexis,

So non of us done any modifications yet????? Im thinking of having my windows tinted and a dvd screen at the back.... which is better roof top ones or headrest ones?

Have done a bit to mine if you're talking IS250..see my sig and the gallery...lowered, OEM body kit, 19" rims, intake. cat-back exhaust...tint next. Here you go:

lexmar219yx5.jpg

lexmar215eu5.jpg

Looks very nice,

those wheels does it affect the ride? what about the road noise and how much are they?

It's sat lower on the American specification Eibach Pro-Set springs so the ride is a little stiffer, and all the better for it. Apart from that, the low profile Toyo's generate less road noise than the original Bridgestone Potenzas on the 17" rims. :)

Not all plain sailing though as the increased camber may be causing increased tyre wear on the inside edges...adjustments and monitoring of the geometry under the tender care of WIM. We may, or may not need to manufacture camber adjustment for the front as the second generation IS has only got toe adjustment front and rear.

That car look awsome Tango, your front drive and your mansion in the backgound are pretty fine too...

Nah..that's the neighbour's house :D

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys.

Dude that looks sweet i pick my IS 220D up from dealer on 27th of this month what sort of things would you recomend, i like the idea od window tins and those alloys are very nice.

Anyone recommend a good place to start looking at prices and stuf for tinting and howz about good sites for alloys

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Tango,

Where did you get the mudflaps from for your new IS. I live in the country (like you, if those pictures are anything to go by) and the farmers here don't give a damn and I'm forever cleaning the ***** from the side of my IS.

Proper motor, BTW :)

Hey Tango,

Where did you get the mudflaps from for your new IS. I live in the country (like you, if those pictures are anything to go by) and the farmers here don't give a damn and I'm forever cleaning the ***** from the side of my IS.

I asked Lexus Bristol to fit them when it was in for it's first year service as I knew I was about to fit the new rims. They're supposed to be for the second generation IS, but I know Jamboo fitted the IS200 set from the stealership to his 220D so I'm not sure if they are a new part number or not :unsure: .

They do the job anyway as the new rims are (8.5" front & 9.5" rear) are wider than the OEM's (8" & 8.5") and although the offset does compensate a little the tyres stick a little further out from the bodywork so fitting them to yours should prevent the muck spreading :D

Hey Tango,

I asked Lexus Bristol to fit them when it was in for it's first year service as I knew I was about to fit the new rims. They're supposed to be for the second generation IS, but I know Jamboo fitted the IS200 set from the stealership to his 220D so I'm not sure if they are a new part number or not :unsure: .

They do the job anyway as the new rims are (8.5" front & 9.5" rear) are wider than the OEM's (8" & 8.5") and although the offset does compensate a little the tyres stick a little further out from the bodywork so fitting them to yours should prevent the muck spreading :D

Thanks mate. I'll ask Lexus Bolton next time I'm passing there ;)

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

I got 2 pictures of my IS250 to complement Tango's beautiful 250. Mine is lowered with UK spec Eibach springs - less drop in the front than Tango's, and 18" Rays Progressive ME rims. Other mods in mind is body kit, front brake set and exhaust.

A04.jpg

A03.jpg

TK Chan

Two more pictures:

Eibach004.jpg

Eibach003.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
I got 2 pictures of my IS250 to complement Tango's beautiful 250. Mine is lowered with UK spec Eibach springs - less drop in the front than Tango's, and 18" Rays Progressive ME rims. Other mods in mind is body kit, front brake set and exhaust.

A04.jpg

A03.jpg

TK Chan

Two more pictures:

Eibach004.jpg

Eibach003.jpg

What setup is it?

225/40/18

265/35/18 ??

A04.jpg

What setup is it?

225/40/18

265/35/18 ??

I haven't seen TK on the forum since last year, but I know his set up. He has 18" rim 8.5" width front and rear. Off set is +35 for front and +29 for rear. Tyres are 225X40X18 front and 235X40X18 rear. His IS250 was orginally the basic model with 205X55X16 tyres all round and he found the wider tyres seemed to give a firmer ride but thought the car was also like carrying an additional 300lb load and had lost a lot of drive responsiveness. He was talking about switching to 225 for the rear in the next tyre change, but I don't know if he ever did this. :unsure: The UK spec Eibach springs he had fitted give a 30mm drop all round.

A04.jpg

What setup is it?

225/40/18

265/35/18 ??

I haven't seen TK on the forum since last year, but I know his set up. He has 18" rim 8.5" width front and rear. Off set is +35 for front and +29 for rear. Tyres are 225X40X18 front and 235X40X18 rear. His IS250 was orginally the basic model with 205X55X16 tyres all round and he found the wider tyres seemed to give a firmer ride but thought the car was also like carrying an additional 300lb load and had lost a lot of drive responsiveness. He was talking about switching to 225 for the rear in the next tyre change, but I don't know if he ever did this. :unsure: The UK spec Eibach springs he had fitted give a 30mm drop all round.

Tnx alot :)

• 4 months later...

A04.jpg

A03.jpg

TK Chan

Two more pictures:

Eibach004.jpg

Eibach003.jpg

My god, that's beautiful.

What colour is that?

• 1 month later...

A04.jpg

A03.jpg

TK Chan

Two more pictures:

Eibach004.jpg

Eibach003.jpg

Do u have any problem with the ride? Is it ok or u prefer the the original lexus springs you had on your car? The ride is softer as it was or is stiffer? What are the + and - in your opinion of lowering the car with eibach?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...