Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I find the Auto headlights don't come on early enough. I see that this and many many other things can for some reason only be adjusted by a dealer. I know I can just phone up, but has anyone had any of these settings altered? How long does it take, do they charge and why can't Lexus let us change them, I used to have a Mercedes and could change almost any setting I liked.

Cheers

Not had it done, but I agree, it's a shame that you can't modify these settings. I suppose they thought the car would be sooooo reliable that their service techies would get bored, so they left a few gems that only they can modify.

Mind you, I'm still annoyed that we can't even have auto locking on the doors. I managed to put the Nissan Note into "Anti-hijack" mode myself, but holding both the lock/unlock buttons for 5 seconds standing next to the car. So in 5 seconds and a DIY job, even a Nissan can be personalised!

PS - so I had a brainwave, and shot off outside, with smartkey in hand...stood next to IS220d, and pressed lock/unlock for 5 seconds....and....

Got 3 double beeps, and thought ureka...it's acknowledged...but of course, nothing seems to have changed! The beeps were the car laughing at me....

I find the Auto headlights don't come on early enough. I see that this and many many other things can for some reason only be adjusted by a dealer. I know I can just phone up, but has anyone had any of these settings altered? How long does it take, do they charge and why can't Lexus let us change them, I used to have a Mercedes and could change almost any setting I liked.

Cheers

I had the auto lights adjusted on mine for the same reason as you. Lexus Exeter came to my house with a laptop and plugged it in here and adjusted them, a trip of 50 miles, nice of them. They are originally set at number three, we tried number one and they came on almost in bright sunlight we therefore settled for number two. In my opinion they still don't come on early enough so I don't use them.

I wish that there was a finer control that the user could adjust and over a period of time I think they could be set to each person's preference.

Same with mine - I had lexus MK play with the settings and the documentaion is as clear as mud - Dark 1, Dark 2, Light 1 and Light 2..... WTF?

After somewhat of a kerfuffle mine's now at Light 2 and it's sensitive enough now. Go through an underpass and the lights flick on.

Same with mine - I had lexus MK play with the settings and the documentaion is as clear as mud - Dark 1, Dark 2, Light 1 and Light 2..... WTF?

After somewhat of a kerfuffle mine's now at Light 2 and it's sensitive enough now. Go through an underpass and the lights flick on.

Masters of ALL we DON'T control...

Keep us posted as to its usefulness, I would be interested in a setting that is appropriate...a bit surprised they haven't done the Volvo trick of lights always ON.

Masters of ALL we DON'T control...

Keep us posted as to its usefulness, I would be interested in a setting that is appropriate...a bit surprised they haven't done the Volvo trick of lights always ON.

I must say, after a 2 week holiday in Denmark last year, I really wouldn't have a problem driving with lights on all the time.

• 2 weeks later...
I must say, after a 2 week holiday in Denmark last year, I really wouldn't have a problem driving with lights on all the time.

I drive with mine on all the time. Is there any way to setup the car to do that automatically?

• 2 weeks later...

I personally think we should be driving with lights on at all times, main reason being people can see you better.

It is Euro law at moments that motorbikes have to ride with lights on so much so that most bikes you cant turn them of at all (Pity when you need to bumpstart though lol)

P.S the SAAB has this feature aswell i beleive well before volvo did so SAAB = cutting edge by that theory