Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Update.....

Hi All

If you have read my 'Hi everyone' thread link: http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=40661

Then you will know that I was asking questions regarding private registration transfers....well after endless calls between Norwich Union & SMC garage I have finally managed to get insurance for the Lexus (well free 7 day drive away insurance) I have been told by SMC that it will take up to at least TWO WEEKS....I was told it is now up to the DVLA.

I am hoping that they will be in a nice good, fast mood this week!

Anybody have any advice about private registration transfers?? Or anything on the Lexus IS200 i am buying?

Pics following soon......

Regards

Gary

For my private plate. I took the documentation down to the local DVLA with tax disc, log book, insurance.. everything I could think of just incase. Sat waiting for hours to see somebody (they're always very busy). Then they changed it over and gave me an updated tax disc then and there. Went outside and swapped the plates. Job done :)

Are you trading the rover with the lexus ?

If not buy the lexus with plate, then swap over yourself at DVLA office, you can go on DVLA web site, it will help you, if you post thing off then this will take more time :o

Thanks for the info gord but I am trading the rover with the lexus...so its just upto the DVLA....who knows they might not be to busy and might get it done ASAP but then there isn't much chance of that is there.

Regards

Gary

Are you trading the rover with the lexus ?

If not buy the lexus with plate, then swap over yourself at DVLA office, you can go on DVLA web site, it will help you, if you post thing off then this will take more time :o

Thanks for the info gord but I am trading the rover with the lexus...so its just upto the DVLA....who knows they might not be to busy and might get it done ASAP but then there isn't much chance of that is there.

Regards

Gary

If you go to dvla office you will get it done the same day, but you might have to wait :duh: and by the way end of mth not the best time to go :winky:

It might be best if you just take your plate off the rover, trade for the lexus, then put plate on the lexus :D

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome and helpful info regarding the plate transfers....I will just leave it in the hands of the garage and the helpful salesman to sort it all out for me...considering the DVLA are feeling nice who knows it could be quicker than two weeks but I do find that hard to believe.

Regards

Tom