Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Carrying on from previous thread, I left the Ign ON (engine off) and pressed the lock button for 5 seconds. I thought it hadn't done anything, but it had... :o

I now have anti-hijack enabled! When placing the fingers behind the drivers door handle, ONLY the drivers door is unlocked. Has anyone else found this yet?

This could be a right royal pain if it's bucketing it down, the keys in your brief case and the family are dripping wet, 'cos you have to hit the unlock button from inside the door (panel) to unlock the rest. But having had 2 attempted hi-jacks before, I'm chuffed!

The car DOES NOT autolock, but I suspect somewhere in the code a "setting" does exist. It has to... :blink: At the end of the day, I could be driving around now and ONLY my door is left unlocked!!

Let me know if anyone else can do it...

PS - I did 3 things and I am not sure which worked:

1) Did the Nissan Note thing - stood by the car and held both lock and unlock for 5 seconds

2) Sat inside, Ign On (pos 1), held the Unlock button for 5 seconds

3) Sat inside, Ign On (pos 2), held the Unlock button for 5 seconds

Funny that.

I had the same 'problem' at the weekend and I was sure I had read something about this in the manual (I'm sad like that) - if you hold down the unlock and lock buttons on the keyfob you can toggle the same effect. When it was switched on it hacked my wife off no end, when she had to wait the few seconds until I pushed the button when I got in... So I turned it off.

Funny that.

I had the same 'problem' at the weekend and I was sure I had read something about this in the manual (I'm sad like that) - if you hold down the unlock and lock buttons on the keyfob you can toggle the same effect. When it was switched on it hacked my wife off no end, when she had to wait the few seconds until I pushed the button when I got in... So I turned it off.

Good news, and sounds good!

I personally think it would be more useful to have the car autolock when you drive off, then unlock when you stop and open the door. Surely hijackers will only want to get into the drivers door? Though having just the drivers door unlock is a step in the right direction.

Perhaps we should club together and give an 'Easter Egg' as a prize to the first person to suss it!