Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Problem....

AltezCol

Hi guys,

I had a greddy induction kit and it sort of broke and I bought the Blitz SUS power induction..However, after installing it, my car started idling very low and when I put my foot down, it feels like its dragging an elephant for a good 3-5sec before the acceleration kicks in.

Tried resetting the ECU but no difference. I have an apexi SAFC2 installed, does anyone think I have to re-sonfigure that to the the filter?

Or does anyone a solution? Or know why its doing that? CUz it didn;t happen when i swapped the stock for the greddy (no SAFC2 installed at that time)

Hi guys,

I had a greddy induction kit and it sort of broke and I bought the Blitz SUS power induction..However, after installing it, my car started idling very low and when I put my foot down, it feels like its dragging an elephant for a good 3-5sec before the acceleration kicks in.

Tried resetting the ECU but no difference. I have an apexi SAFC2 installed, does anyone think I have to re-sonfigure that to the the filter?

Or does anyone a solution? Or know why its doing that? CUz it didn;t happen when i swapped the stock for the greddy (no SAFC2 installed at that time)

I'd say it has something to do with the SAFC2 settings, you changed the airflow fitting the Blitz kit, so i'd presume the settings on the SAFC2 need to be changed

Agree with the above that the SAFC settings will be different but not by that much.

You haven't done something silly like putting the MAF in the wrong way round or forgetting to re-connect it?

I couldn't see a different induction kit causing the settings to be that far out on the Apexi to cause a prob like that. I have never seen the greddy or blitz inductions but I imagine they would be pretty much the same design. A sligth difference in air flow as small as that should not cause such a drastic change in performance whether running an safc or not.

I stand to be corrected though, but it seems not likely to me.

Thanks for the reply guys,

I have connected the Maf the correct way round as there is only one way round that it could fit...

The car has gotten better with a bit more driving but the acceleration has improved slightly but not what it was before.

Think the only thing left is the safc....so here i go back again to get it re-tuned.....

Thanks for the help guys

Take the "sail" off the back and it'll go much faster... :P

Ya agree with the above regarding the AF controller... but aren't they user adjustable?... have also been told by the Lads in OZ that the Altezza ECU is the learning type and will "tune" out the effect of the Safc after a while.... so you would need to keep resetting the ECU to get full benefit so they say....

I have connected the Maf the correct way round as there is only one way round that it could fit...

What I mean is fitting it the wrong way, you can put it in 180 degrees out so that the side that should face the air flow is towards the throttle body.

Yeah...I know what you mean cuz the blitz pipe for the Maf sensor only has one way that you can fit it because of the screw holes that are already idrilled in place.

I gave up with my brand new Carbon Fibre Apexi Induction kit, so its sitting on my shelf at home, the 0-60 in 10 minutes really started to get on my nerves, if u get it going right please tell me how,

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links