Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

After 20k miles the rear tyres on my 2004 LS 430 need replacing. It currently has the factory fit Bridgestone 245/45R18 fitted and I am wondering if this is the best replacement or does anyone have an alternative recommendation?

Thanks

The OEM tyres selected by the manufacturer have been chosen because they work well with the suspension setup to give the optimum for the ride quality, handling, quietness etc.

For example you will find threads on this forum, where people have fitted tyres other than the Dunlop SP Sport D8z (the OEM for the Mk4 LS400) on a Mk4 to find that it either produces more road noise, tram-lining etc.

Lexus have most probably did a lot of homework in selecting the right tyre. Tyres other than the OEM will still do the job, but its always a question of trade off.

All good points but do Lexus fitt the same tyre for the USA and for Japan?

There may be alternatives that Lexus use.

However, You have a fantastic luxury car, it may be false economy to try anything other than the OEM choice and spoil the ride.

Don't get Lexus to fit them though!!!

Lexus Leicester and the BMW dealer and the Merc dealer us 'National tyres', they sling them in a van take them to National, and when fitted bring them back and charge you 10-20% for the pleasure.

Why not get a quote from black circles or etyres, both offer mobile fitting services so it's all done while you are parked up at work!

It even got so that the Dunlop Sport tyre recommended for the LS400 was the JAPANESE version. In U.K all that was available usually the GERMAN version which was slightly different, i believe. (But Japanese version WAS/IS available, cos I got some ordered and fitted!)

Don't forget to check pressures; good for fuel economy!

At present, I am in the market for an LS430 and have driven a couple. I havn't bought either one because the previous owners have snoked in them :sick: but one had Bridgestone Turanzers and the other had Michelin Piolot Sports. I found the one with the Michelin's quiter and had more grip but the Bridgestones were noisier.

At present, I am in the market for an LS430 and have driven a couple. I havn't bought either one because the previous owners have snoked in them :sick: but one had Bridgestone Turanzers and the other had Michelin Piolot Sports. I found the one with the Michelin's quiter and had more grip but the Bridgestones were noisier.

Interesting.... :ohmy:

A vote for the non OEM rubber!

Agree about the smokers car though, drove round for weeks in my LS with the windows open and loads of magic trees all over!

It's a good cash haggling point though, I drove the price down purely on the ex-smokers car thing. :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links