Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Chromes!

maz786

I've had chromes on my car. I wouldn't get chromes again though. I had them on my car for 4 years, not once did I ever curb them or scuff them. Always kept them clean ( I think I cleaned them twice a week and polished once a month) I found that the chromes started to corrode from the inside of the wheel inside the tyre. It started to flake and then my tyres started loosing pressure. Ended up forking out for tyres all the time where the pressure had been too low and the tyre ended up getting damaged.

Here is a pic of what they look liked on my car.

DSCF0017.jpg

I've had chromes on my car. I wouldn't get chromes again though. I had them on my car for 4 years, not once did I ever curb them or scuff them. Always kept them clean ( I think I cleaned them twice a week and polished once a month) I found that the chromes started to corrode from the inside of the wheel inside the tyre. It started to flake and then my tyres started loosing pressure. Ended up forking out for tyres all the time where the pressure had been too low and the tyre ended up getting damaged.

Here is a pic of what they look liked on my car.

DSCF0017.jpg

looks nice! wat inch are they ? sounds like its all lot of maintanance and it still f..ks up! how many plated was ur rims? foose are 3 plated!

My wheels are the 18" chrome vaults which are triple plated. I liked them but after having all that trouble especially with the amount of time I spent cleaning them I definatly wouldn't go back to chromes. I ended up changing the rims to TSW catalunya's.

Wheels were 18x8.5 lowered by 35mm. The lights were 2nd hand from Fargo. These were the old 2nd gen halos but I modified them to take Led's instead. I've changed them since to white.

DO IT MAN, CHROME LOOKS GOOD.

I'VE JUST LINKED SOME 18 INCH CHROME KATANA SPAZIOS AND THEY LOOK STATIC ON A BLACK 200.

Point noted, no need to shout :winky:

No offence fellas, but havent liked any of the chromes ive seen on here. Just really think they look tasteless and cheap and take to much attention away from the car. Look to clusted and fussy....but its your dosh :D

• 1 month later...

f*k it! its been ordered! il have it shipped to me within 7-10 days! so hopefully when i receive it il post pictures!! if it looks crap il sell em! dont ask how much it cost you'd all slap me!! :hehe: :P

my wheels are here in the uk in stansted airport but the ba..tards aint givin it until i pay 300 pound import tax!! wat a pi...ss take! im tryna find a dodgy solution to this tryna get the people that sent it to me to show that i paid alot less than i have so that shud hopefully reduce the import tax!! :' ( hopefully il have it next week sum time!! il post pics! :blush:

I think they do look ace. Good choice of rims - guess I'll have to choose another set now lol.

I see you've curbed them already!

Only joking :D

Hope you're pleased? Not too sure from the pics if it has been, but how low is the car and what on? Coilovers, springs etc?

All the best,

Jamie

Ye they look really well on the black. Definetly some coilovers are needed there to drop onto them rims an inch or 2!!

thanks for your comments!

yeh i reckon they look alright they look better in real life!

lol no curb marks yet mate and not looking forward to doing it either. its on standard lexus springs

yeh i need to lower it any suggestions and prices would help

thanks

thanks for your comments!

yeh i reckon they look alright they look better in real life!

lol no curb marks yet mate and not looking forward to doing it either. its on standard lexus springs

yeh i need to lower it any suggestions and prices would help

thanks

Getting some D2 coilovers fitted to mine today. 650GBP + 130 fitting. Will stick up some pics when im done

Those look excellent - good choice! As for the lowering id say try Tein basic coilovers, not that much more than springs and theyre height adjustable (no dampening though)- iv had them for a year with no probs.

Getting some D2 coilovers fitted to mine today. 650GBP + 130 fitting. Will stick up some pics when im done

i aint up for spending 650 im rinsed! i was thinking just buying springs? wont that do the job ?

Those look excellent - good choice! As for the lowering id say try Tein basic coilovers, not that much more than springs and theyre height adjustable (no dampening though)- iv had them for a year with no probs.

cheerz mate! yeh i want to lower it bout 3-3.5 mm but want to go for the cheapest route as no money left! i was thinking just springs?

If you're wanting cheap then just cut your original springs to length!

No, don't really - that's for the very strapped car owner and would recommend you never do that. I was speaking with a S.A. police officer recently and he said that that is a common occurance over there.

Anyway, went off and deviated slightly there :D What I would recommend is that you wait until you can afford a decent set of coilovers and then have them fitted. If you feel you're riding too high on scaffolding, then refit your originals until you can afford some coilovers or another suspension setup.

Jamie

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links