Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Auto Locking & Lights Warning

It sometimes annoys me how people can get so het up about something (to me ) is such a small point, I was stating my opinion. There are things in all walks of life that are different in the states to here but that is the way it is. Jamboo, I have personally raised points mentioned to Lexus officials on several occasions and we get the same answers as you, it cant be done. There are guys who have gone to europe for the Rx series with their complaints for sat nav/ phone / locking etc etc and had no joy, it is just the way it is, yes it is frustrating, but there is nothing that can be done(you wait, the'll have it as standard next week!!) It would be great to have these features as standard and if you have been sold a car on the pretense that it had it then that is a dealership issue, not a Lexus GB issue. Geoffers, I do take things personally sometimes as i am an

Me, as an owner, don't care whos issue it is, I just care, that citroen C5 for half money has autolocking and my lexus doesn't - but it is possible in the US, so it's just software problem. I don't get the point, I see just stupidity from Lexus Europe.

Another reason not to buy another one! Possibly BMW next for me.

The car itself is great apart from the rattles, the annoying nanny features and the lack of ability to control things like auto locking etc.

The so called Excellent Customer service doesn't really exist!

I think that is a bit of a throw away statement, unless you have had issues with your dealership. The settings made by Lexus at the factory are nothing to do with Lexus customer service. Rattles, yes there have been problems with a number of cars, however, there are a lot more out there without rattles. I have had 6 2nd gen IS models now and not one has rattles. I've had 1 squeaky set which was instantly sorted. I work for Lexus and I can honestly say I have never seen so much attention to detail to looking after customers in my life. I used to work for Citroen, and I left because of that reason. they dont care about the people they sell cars to, and I did, as you can see from my above posts, I am passionate about the product I sell, I believe it is the best in the world, and certainly the best value for money. I can also understand the frustrations some people have when they expect a decent level of service and they dont get it. I get it every day in my life because my expectations have been raised by working for Lexus, I complain a hell of alot more now than I ever did, but its because I want value for money. I think in the long run, Lexus will allow such personalisation of their cars, but why they dont do it now I dont know, and Lexus cant tell me either.

Thanks

MCUK23

well, I disagree here.

I was choosing between 320d and IS220d and I still read discussions about beemers with one eye ;) and trust me, e90 is considered as worst 3xx ever (also by owners!), not just cheap interior (which looks really crap, Citroen C5 looks better) - and rattles are included in the price :) but also the suspension is harsh, car is heavy understeery. The harshness can by sorted by changing tires with non-RFT, but then you have to buy a spare one, because bmw doesn't provide spare tire.

Or - have you heard bmw professional audio system? it's an extra option. It plays much worse than the basic one in IS.

So for me - between IS and BMW, the lexus is a clear winner, but I'd like to know who would win the battle between new C-klass and IS. Haven't driven C-klass yet.

well, I disagree here.

I was choosing between 320d and IS220d and I still read discussions about beemers with one eye ;) and trust me, e90 is considered as worst 3xx ever (also by owners!), not just cheap interior (which looks really crap, Citroen C5 looks better) - and rattles are included in the price :) but also the suspension is harsh, car is heavy understeery. The harshness can by sorted by changing tires with non-RFT, but then you have to buy a spare one, because bmw doesn't provide spare tire.

Or - have you heard bmw professional audio system? it's an extra option. It plays much worse than the basic one in IS.

So for me - between IS and BMW, the lexus is a clear winner, but I'd like to know who would win the battle between new C-klass and IS. Haven't driven C-klass yet.

Guys - I have written to Lexus about this, had an initial response, and am asking some more questions as the initial response tells me nothing.

well, I disagree here.

Guys - I have written to Lexus about this, had an initial response, and am asking some more questions as the initial response tells me nothing.

Could you post the question and the answer? Thanks in advance

:blush: Seeing that you've asked:

my email:

Steve, Gill,

I have a query regarding the fact there appears to be no way of auto-locking the New IS when driving away.

Most manufactureres have offered this as a security feature, even on basic cars (take Peugeot 300s series, for example) for a number of years, and I find it somewhat strange that the European model of the new IS does not have this feature "enabled". What's even more strange is that the car appears to be capable of doing just this - as it does in the American version.

There is a quite a thread brewing on the Lexus Owners Club presently, which can be found here:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=40729

Many drivers/owners are, quite rightly, concerned (including myself) that in the event they forget to lock the doors, the car could be subject to a car-jacking attempt. Whilst I appreciate that "Anti-hijack" can easily be programmed, it only allows limited functionality - the unlocking of the drivers door at one press of the remote/or Smart opening. This is fine, but then the car will not auto lock once the speed increases to above a certain level, and to let the rest of the family in, you have open the door and press the inside lock/unlock button if the remote is in the pocket.

It's also strange that you can unlock the car, not start it and it does auto-lock after 30 or so seconds, like most other cars available today, and bearing in mind that the lock/unlock button is a rocker switch and not a fixed toggle switch, there are elements of design which mean that it could be made available.

Lexus dealers are adament that this feature to auto lock on "drive away" cannot be done and that's that, but I and many others are keen to understand why that is.

Can you please explain Lexus's view on this, and more importantly, why this feature has not been made available to drivers in the U.K (and Europe)? Is there a technical reason, and if so, what is that? A full and detailed explanation would be very helpful.

If there is no technical reason, then has it been plain oversight?

I take the matter seriously, as I have been targetted by 'jackers in the past, and feel that a simple modification to the software is probably all that is needed.

XXXXX XXXXX

And the reply came back:

Dear Mr XXXXX

Thank you for your recent e mail concerning an auto lock facility on the IS series.

We are aware of customer feedback regarding this facility and currently have this option on the LS 460. It is also likely to appear on future models.

However, unfortunately it is not possible to customize the software on the current generation IS series in this way. I regret therefore that we cannot meet your expectations with regard to this particular aspect of your car.

We would however like to thank you for taking the time to contact us, and we do hope this will not detract too much from your enjoyment of your Lexus.

Yours sincerely

Gill Want

Lexus (GB) Ltd.

:huh:

So my response:

Gill, thanks for the early response, however, this implies that the feature is just not available period for the new IS, but it is in the USA. This is why I am asking the question - what is reason that it is not available in Europe?

It sounds to me as Lexus have decided not to make it available, and your response does not answer my question.

XXXXX XXXXX

Now awaiting a further response....But am not hopeful at all. What was that? Numero uno Cust Satisfaction?

Not in my name :lol:

Final response - anyone else care to take on the mantle?

Dear Mr XXXX

Thank you for your further e mail.

You are quite correct in that this particular feature is not available across Europe on the current generation IS. As distributor of Lexus cars in the UK, we are given some choices in the specifications that we receive. However this was not one of the features that we were able to request from the manufacturer on this particular model.

Yours sincerely

Hmmmm.... :angry:

Now if the Customer Satisfaction was really good, and as good as others make out, the response should have mentioned that they would take this up wth Lexus and try and find out the technical reason, which is what I asked for! They seem to ignore your question and just provide a minimalist answer!

NOT GOOD ENOUGH - certainly not worth another £27000 odd of my cash!

This is why I maintain, Lexus Customer Sat is as good as anyone else - maybe the dealers go further, but LGB certainly do not! Having worked in Customer Service industries for 21 years, I've always been LED to believe that every customer interaction is an opportunity to impress. I've become somewhat less delighted!

Anyone disagree?

Any way, I've had enough. The car rattles again as temp increases, and I can't be bothered to take it in. So it's going soon. It just has to - I can't bare another Warranty visit! Don't know what to replace it with though...

Maybe I'll be forced to buy the new C Class, or wait for the new A4....we'll have to see!

Hi

This is my first posting, as I got my IS 250SE Auto (South African model) only 3 weeks ago.

In South Africa, where car hijacking is a problem, we also do not have the autolock feature, whereas all medium/large European and even some small cars do, but very few Japanese cars have this.

So it seems that it's a Japanese car problem, but I certainly wish I had this feature as my previous 2 cars did, and now I find myslef pressing the doorlock 3 or 4 times each trip, just in case I forgot to lock when I started up!

Otherwise, it's the best car I ever had!

Roger

Dear Mr XXXX

Thank you for your further e mail.

You are quite correct in that this particular feature is not available across Europe on the current generation IS. As distributor of Lexus cars in the UK, we are given some choices in the specifications that we receive. However this was not one of the features that we were able to request from the manufacturer on this particular model.

• 3 years later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links