Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Noise O/s/f

smurf200

hi on my is200 there is a knocking come from the o/s/f suspension over bumps then stright after that its start groning sounds a bit like when your wheel in binding on from the front brakes any 1 had this before if so what do i need to do to it thanks. the groning noise also come when turn left .

• 7 months later...
hi on my is200 there is a knocking come from the o/s/f suspension over bumps then stright after that its start groning sounds a bit like when your wheel in binding on from the front brakes any 1 had this before if so what do i need to do to it thanks. the groning noise also come when turn left .

i have this problem on my is200 sport,i get a groning noise and a kinda crunching noise when i go over a speed hump or pitching and loading the front suspension on either side..been to lexus hatfield and they had an engineer take it for a test drive and said he also could hear the noise but could not find where it was coming from,or see what the problem maybe, lets hope that someone out there on the forum had and fixed the same problem....been bugging me for a while now!!! :whistling:

...worth a try, worked on another car of mine - the shock absorber vertical chrome bar (sorry about lack of technical description) the one that goes into the piston body of the shock - normally hidden under a dust cover - spray that with silicon lubricant. Also spray any part of the front suspension where there's a rubber bush.

Had it on Jap imports - everything's too dry, works a treat - I do it now as a matter of course, everytime I have the pleaseure of crawling under the car.

Good luck

jack

...worth a try, worked on another car of mine - the shock absorber vertical chrome bar (sorry about lack of technical description) the one that goes into the piston body of the shock - normally hidden under a dust cover - spray that with silicon lubricant. Also spray any part of the front suspension where there's a rubber bush.

Had it on Jap imports - everything's too dry, works a treat - I do it now as a matter of course, everytime I have the pleaseure of crawling under the car.

Good luck

Jack

ok thanx for that i will give it a try...i guess wd-40 would be ok for the job??

Good luck

Jack

ok thanx for that i will give it a try...i guess wd-40 would be ok for the job??

I personally wouldn't try WD 40. It's prone to causing parts to rust (strange but true). Use Silicon lubricant - Halford etc sell it. You can use it on most rubber parts to lubricate dry joints, it'll cure squeaking belts and it'll blacken black plastic trim parts too - it's good stuff - try washing the engine bay and when dry give it all a good spray with Silicone - not sure how to spell silicon(e) - it'll look like new(ish).

is it when braking during a slow manouvre?

could be a stuck caliper, had it a few times on mine, just needed freeing up........ till next time... recurring....

yeah i know about the brake problem seen a few posts on loc...the noise is at the front of the car when i go over a speed hump (full size or the small one`s) doesnt matter what speed i go over them,also when i pitch into a corner and load the front of the suspension i get a kinda crunching and groning noise..had a look at the suspension and cant see any leaking fluid or any damage...

went to tony @ wim and had my geometry done and there are no loose parts or anything..so?

just wonderd what the noise was doesnt affect the handling....was maybe thinking a ball joint?

thanx for ya help. :)

Good luck

Jack

I personally wouldn't try WD 40. It's prone to causing parts to rust (strange but true). Use Silicon lubricant - Halford etc sell it. You can use it on most rubber parts to lubricate dry joints, it'll cure squeaking belts and it'll blacken black plastic trim parts too - it's good stuff - try washing the engine bay and when dry give it all a good spray with Silicone - not sure how to spell silicon(e) - it'll look like new(ish).

ok thanx for that i will get some from Halfords and give it a go.. :)