Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front Valance & Service Questions

Does anyone have a fromt lower valance for a Mk1? the black plastic bit along the bottom of the front bumper on single colour cars.

mine's a bit broken and the 2 breakers (from fleabay) I have spoken to only want to sell the whole bumper skin with the lower valance on it.

Also, I'm due for an oil change, I'm thinking of changing the plugs at the same time, is there a whole load of stuff to remove to get at them?

What plugs do people use? are Toyota ones worth the extra cash over the aftermarket Bosch 4 prong ect?

Thanks. :winky:

For best performance on Japanese cars I would stick to the NGK or Denso plugs. The plug which lexus use as orginal factory fit are the Denso plugs. They are expensive but it is probably better than any bosch 4 tipped plug for this 1UZ-FE engine.

Best to check the owners manual aswell but I think for the Mk1 and MK2 cars it was

ND PK20R11 (This is the Nippon Denso ones)

NGK BKR6EP11

These plugs are platinum tipped for the earlier LS400s and the later LS400s are iridium tipped. These plugs all have a thin electrode (hence the expensive materials to stop it wearing away quickly) which produces a more stable spark.

You also mentioned in a previous post about switching to LPG, not sure how this will affect plug life/performance but I guess they will run hotter ?

That's a good point, I'll call the installer today. No point me putting new plugs in if they are going to need be changed anyway to suit LPG.

Had the same issue when I was running nitrous in a ford... much hotter plugs needed when the gas was on! (but ran like a dog when cold at all other times)

I would also check the Denso spark plugs website:

http://www.globaldenso.com/PLUG/

http://www.denso.com.cn/plug/search/index.html

If you want a plug that can take more stick, maybe go for the tough denso plugs (e.g. VK20 - iridium TOUGH). you can go though the specs on theior website to see which plug is the harder wearing version of the PK20R11) Accouding to the 2nd link it looks it might be the VK20 as it says its the replacement for UCF10 and UCF20...but plenty of info there for some light reading :)

Does anyone have a fromt lower valance for a Mk1? the black plastic bit along the bottom of the front bumper on single colour cars.

mine's a bit broken and the 2 breakers (from fleabay) I have spoken to only want to sell the whole bumper skin with the lower valance on it.

Also, I'm due for an oil change, I'm thinking of changing the plugs at the same time, is there a whole load of stuff to remove to get at them?

What plugs do people use? are Toyota ones worth the extra cash over the aftermarket Bosch 4 prong ect?

Thanks. :winky:

you have PM :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links