Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Got in the car the other day and the whole GPS system had reset, there was no trip info and the map was telling me I was just outside London, which was strange as I was sure I worked in Leeds. I eventually set it back up again by using the calibrate function and all seemed good again for a day. Got in the car this morning and it had reset again.

The radio works fine all tuned in, remembers what track and where I was on the CD etc, just the satnav section. Does it have a separate fuse I could check?

Anyone else had this problem?

It's a 1999 CD Based system if that helps.

I was going to suggest the Battery may be low on juice, but you said the CD and radio are all fine, so it cant be that.

Unless the gps draws more current then the memory for the radio, but the amount would be very small and if it was low you would have trouble starting her up.

I am talking rubbish now and will shut up

Paul

Thanks anyway :) car starts perfectly and everything else works fine too just satnav, seems everytime i turn on the ignition it's reset. so would seem to be a constant power issue.

I'll check some fuses at the weekend.

Mine has started to reboot every now and then - the whole screen goes blank and then it resets - however, I suspect it is some kind of watchdog function, because it doesn't force me to accept the disclaimer after it has done it.

Have you checked the cable harness going in to the unit in the boot? It's possible it has come loose..

FINALLY. I found a fuse in the player 2 foot well and it was labelled TV with some Japanese under it 15A fuse had blown, popped in another and its been fine since, yay!!

Not sure what caused it to blow in the first place, so I'll keep an eye on it. Just happy its working.

• 1 month later...

hi mate when u say calibrate function what do u mean?

as my screen on my gs doesnt seem to work most of the time, sometimes u touch something and its ok other times it just dead

btw where is that fuse located, under the drivers footwell?

Hiya the fuse i changed was at the passenger side and was labeled as TV.

the calibration thing lets you pinpoint your position on the map its not for calibrating the touch screen.