Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Uk Registration Plates

Tango

Just got a new registration for the 250 so need some plates made up. Thing is, what can I get away with, if anything with the font size and type? Not fussed about spacing but DVLA specifies the font for new plates, but then says "or something very similar" :blink:

Also:

- Do I have to have the makers slogan and RNPS number on the bottom of the plate? I've looked at the DVLA info and didn't see it as a legal requirement :unsure:

- Do I have to have the makers slogan and RNPS number on the bottom of the plate? I've looked at the DVLA info and didn't see it as a legal requirement :unsure:

No,

also try this for help

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=16952

Yes, I read the original on the DVLA site...obviously not carefully enough as 'Number plates fitted before 1 September 2001 need not be changed provided the character font used is substantially the same as the one shown above.' answers my first question :duh: and the answer is to use the font specified as the plate will be fitted after September 2001.

Re. the second question, thank you. If it's just a contract condition of sale that requires Craig's plates to carry their slogan and RNPS number then I'll get them made up elsewhere :whistling:

This is the site I use to get my plates from

http://www.fancyplates.com/

Yep, that's where I ordered them from this morning...used the UK legal font, but shadowed and bordered so may be at risk of a 'pull'. Found 'V6 LFS' on the DVLA site and thought it would suit the car :) as LF-S was one of the three Lexus Finesse designations. LF-A & LF-X being the others.

Was really after V10 LFA but someone got there before me (I can dream can't I?). :D

Coolio, nice plate.

The service from these guys is good, very quick service, there are sooo many options when using the plate constructor. I have ordered around 4 sets from them now

Coolio, nice plate.

The service from these guys is good, very quick service, there are sooo many options when using the plate constructor. I have ordered around 4 sets from them now

I noticed 'Craigsplates' sell CF mounting plates as an option with a set of plates. Has anyone got these or seen them? What are they like?

Coolio, nice plate.

You were right about the quick service. Ordered yesterday, late morning and they were delivered this morning!!! Never had anything made and delivered that quickly...from Northern Ireland too.

• 5 months later...

According to my brother in law, who is a traffic cop, anything apart from the designated letters and symbols is illegal on a number plate if they wanted to be awkward, including suprisingly the dealer's name that most plates have.

I see the new regulations say any cars after September 2001 are supposed to have the name and postcode of the plate supplier, i've never ever seen a car on the road with that on there plates, has anyone else? There is going to be a lot of MOT failures if that part is adhered to on the MOT test.

According to my brother in law, who is a traffic cop, anything apart from the designated letters and symbols is illegal on a number plate if they wanted to be awkward, including suprisingly the dealer's name that most plates have.

I see the new regulations say any cars after September 2001 are supposed to have the name and postcode of the plate supplier, i've never ever seen a car on the road with that on there plates, has anyone else? There is going to be a lot of MOT failures if that part is adhered to on the MOT test.

There are a lot of cars that adhear to what you have said .... and have the dealer name and post code on it.

If the plate is not 100% legal you can be "pulled" & told to replace with a legal set within 7 days:failure to do so can result in the car being "taken" off the road".

Most Boy Racers in my local area have legal rather than show plates because of the above!

Tel

• 3 weeks later...

Looks great but you will get pulled and fined (if you are realy lucky they will tell you to take it off). Like it happened to me on several occasions.

Ps my Plate is the Same too :winky: I have G18 RAR and spaced it with the "G (black Bold) 18 (smll space) RAR (black Bolt)" thus reading G.18 RAR.

and so far never had any problems (last 2 years) :hehe:

I have the other illeage ones in the shed after getting pulled every 5 mins so, it's not worth it mate.

Take care,

Dibslpg

Looks great but you will get pulled and fined (if you are realy lucky they will tell you to take it off). Like it happened to me on several occasions.

Ps my Plate is the Same too :winky: I have G18 RAR and spaced it with the "G (black Bold) 18 (smll space) RAR (black Bolt)" thus reading G.18 RAR.

I have the other illeage ones in the shed after getting pulled every 5 mins so, it's not worth it mate.

Take care,

Dibslpg

but my plate reads

E18RAR ...

So do i need to do..

E18 RAR ?

a space between E18 and RAR ?

Take care,

Dibslpg

but my plate reads

E18RAR ...

So do i need to do..

E18 RAR ?

a space between E18 and RAR ?

YES mate, but like i said put a black head nut/bolt between the E & 18 .

Dibs

The ones on my old Carina:-

Dealer postcode - check.

Correct font - check.

Letters cut out of limo black window tint, so plate is blank under infra-red light - ummm... :shifty:

stil dont understand

My actual plate reads

E18 RAR

so why do i need a bolt between the E and 18 ?

:whistling: Meaning that if your name is IBRAR then it makes sence to place the black screw between the E&18 to make it look has if the E is not part of your name and it will read a lot better E(18RAR) :shifty:

If i can figure out how to post up the pic of my plate then i will do..?? :question:

Hope it helps.

Dibslpg