Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Headlights

hey.

it will all become apparent when u take the headlight apart. it will be in 3 pieces and u paint the bit that is sandwiched in between.

i just used normal car paint. i forgot to rub the chrome down aswell(i got a little excited and started spraying)and it still came out well with no flaking paint.

ul find it quite difficult to get the headlight apart but just percevier. it will come apart eventually. i used an oven to heat the light. but u could use a heat gun like others have done.

it will look good when ur finished im sure, and ul be so chuffed with urself(plus u would of saved urself a packet rather than buying them)

good luck.

hey.

it will all become apparent when u take the headlight apart. it will be in 3 pieces and u paint the bit that is sandwiched in between.

i just used normal car paint. i forgot to rub the chrome down aswell(i got a little excited and started spraying)and it still came out well with no flaking paint.

ul find it quite difficult to get the headlight apart but just percevier. it will come apart eventually. i used an oven to heat the light. but u could use a heat gun like others have done.

it will look good when ur finished im sure, and ul be so chuffed with urself(plus u would of saved urself a packet rather than buying them)

good luck.

:D Thanks for the info, much appreciated

I will do some before and after pics when i get round to doing them

i just bought the origional toyota ones and they are great, bought them off ebay for £80 for the pair and they even came in origional packaging completly unmarked! Bargin! lol

The ones you got from eBay, were they a one off or a traider have you got the sellers ID so i could see if they have more

Thnx

What happened to the ones you got off me Winnie?

I may be interested in the jDM ones as well.

Stav

Another project for a m8's Lex :D more or less the same as mine except we left an edge of chrome on the ring and fitted angels.

with the chance of nice weather i got the car washed and some pics of the lights, they look a lot better in real life but ya get the idea.

These were the original toyota ones as bought from lexus.

pic0101ye0.jpg

Yeh although you can still see some of the marks its not quite so bad now and have cleared out all the glass so its all good, stickin with halfrauds own brand bulbs, haven't had an problems with them before so figured they would be best. Also got a set of white leds for the sidelight and they look amazing in the dark!