Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just Had A Test-drive In An Is200 Sport. Jealous Of You Guys!

Been out in a mint 54 plate, 15000 miles on the clock, cream interior and soooo wish I had bought it but cash....and the wife, took over and stopped me! My heart is much strnoger than my head i tell thee!!!

I cant buy for another 3 months, so I wanted to ask you guys how easy they are to find?

Bring me good news! :crybaby:

Been out in a mint 54 plate, 15000 miles on the clock, cream interior and soooo wish I had bought it but cash....and the wife, took over and stopped me! My heart is much strnoger than my head i tell thee!!!

I cant buy for another 3 months, so I wanted to ask you guys how easy they are to find?

find a private one can pick them up alot cheaper than from a dealer, obviosly get it check out properly.

find a private one can pick them up alot cheaper than from a dealer, obviosly get it check out properly.

Cheers Ellz

How often have you seen them with the cream leather interior? this is the only one I have seen. Majority have been black and want something a little different

Cheers Ellz

How often have you seen them with the cream leather interior? this is the only one I have seen. Majority have been black and want something a little different

Seen a few but you are right they are less of them about.

Cheers guys

If anyone sees any posted can you pm me and let me know as it is what im after preferably. After having to walk away today empty handed I am pretty gutted......PRETTY GUTTED?! I am well peeved!!!

Still, there will be others

It took me 3 months for me to get mine, the day i got it we did a whole circle of the M25 and looked at 7 cars and test drove 2...mine was the last one on the way home that we wasn't even going to look at cos it was the oldest...but it was and still is the best.

Glad I have it now and have not looked back once.

Rule i always work by is never buy the first one you look at, you have nothing to compare it to.

Good luck :)

It took me 3 months for me to get mine, the day i got it we did a whole circle of the M25 and looked at 7 cars and test drove 2...mine was the last one on the way home that we wasn't even going to look at cos it was the oldest...but it was and still is the best.

Glad I have it now and have not looked back once.

Rule i always work by is never buy the first one you look at, you have nothing to compare it to.

Good luck :)

Good advice Aaron. Will take it on board. I am sure there will be quite a few i see before I buy! At least I know what car my heart is set on.

Just to throw a spanner in the works, have you checked an IS300 or Altezza?

The is300 for me is just too much of a fuel guzzler as I have to put in quite a few miles. As for the altezza.....sounds stupid but i never even thought of it. Any vital differences?

RS200 Altezza is the IS200's faster leaner brother.... :P

less luxury but alot more gooooo...... depends what you value most....

IS300 is the best of both worlds... ;)

see, I love the look of the is200 so from that point of view the altezza would be ok, but i am a sucker for refinements.....so that wins for me!!!!!!

Good luck in the search matey, I was searching for yonks and yonks but it paid off in the end :D You won't be disappointed with IS200. I have the Sport btw.

Jamie

:lol: Yonks? not heard that for ages! haha. Yeah ill keep searching for one. Im after the sport too. not interested in any other models.

Ill get one. need a new car by the end of june so thats my deadline.

Cheers jammy

Well I got the best of both world's, my old 200 Sport is now the wife's and I have the Tezza. The are chalk and cheese really, look the same but world's apart.

Been driving the IS today cos I was sorting out a lower ball joint on the Tezza, hasn't got the poke but still a nice drive and I do love the sound of the 6 cylinder :D

As for the toys the only things I haven't got on the Tezza that the IS has are; automatic headlights, panel dimmer and headlight height adjustment and I can live without them. On the refinement side I can't remember what the car sounded like with the stock intake, manifold, downpipe or cat back fitted, it is a bit loud :lol: But I would trade the 220bhp for the 153 any time, it is a lot more fun.

As an aside the fuel consumption of the IS300 is not that different to the IS200 according to many posts on here so it is still worth a look.

Good luck hunting and did you check the Auto Trader link I posted?

I went looking for a beemer one afternoon bcos i was bored and not much to do.Went into the first garage and saw a sport and thought i would have a look at it.Took it for a test drive gave her the once over and bought it.NO regrets haha

I went looking for a beemer one afternoon bcos i was bored and not much to do.Went into the first garage and saw a sport and thought i would have a look at it.Took it for a test drive gave her the once over and bought it.NO regrets haha

Thats what we like to hear! :lol:

Well I got the best of both world's, my old 200 Sport is now the wife's and I have the Tezza. The are chalk and cheese really, look the same but world's apart.

Been driving the IS today cos I was sorting out a lower ball joint on the Tezza, hasn't got the poke but still a nice drive and I do love the sound of the 6 cylinder :D

As for the toys the only things I haven't got on the Tezza that the IS has are; automatic headlights, panel dimmer and headlight height adjustment and I can live without them. On the refinement side I can't remember what the car sounded like with the stock intake, manifold, downpipe or cat back fitted, it is a bit loud :lol: But I would trade the 220bhp for the 153 any time, it is a lot more fun.

As an aside the fuel consumption of the IS300 is not that different to the IS200 according to many posts on here so it is still worth a look.

Good luck hunting and did you check the Auto Trader link I posted?

Cheers for the link mate. It helps to know the name of the leather too. Dont want to travel to see a car, only gor it to be half leather!!

Its thirsty work looking for a lexus I tell thee!!!

Most IS200s are half-leather, regardless of colour. The seat panels are actually a cloth called Escaine, though it does look and feel very much like suede.

I think all the 300s are full leather, plus they are only about 2mpg worse and a good deal more refined than the 2 litre engine - and more refined again compared to the 4-cylinder Altezza RS models.

Most IS200s are half-leather, regardless of colour. The seat panels are actually a cloth called Escaine, though it does look and feel very much like suede.

I think all the 300s are full leather, plus they are only about 2mpg worse and a good deal more refined than the 2 litre engine - and more refined again compared to the 4-cylinder Altezza RS models.

Cheers Mike

Correct me if im wrong but arent all 300's automatic? Cant find any manual out there.

Cheers Mike

Correct me if im wrong but arent all 300's automatic? Cant find any manual out there.

No manual, but IS300 is alot better than a standard auto as it is Tiptronic, which has buttons on the steering wheel to change gear ;) great fun....

Cheers Mike

No manual, but IS300 is alot better than a standard auto as it is Tiptronic, which has buttons on the steering wheel to change gear ;) great fun....

Thanks noel,

Now this is tempting! :lol: Do you know what sort of tax id be paying on it? IS200 is around the £200 mark right?

Mine could be up for sale very soon :( It's not the sport though - SE with all the optional extra inc. styling kit, satnav and the benefits of the later model including full leather.

Ash