Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can't Find The Amp On A Altezza?

Hello,

Trying to install a Kenwood headunit into the Altezza. (The bottom loading changer gone ERR3 for the last time!)

Our Altezza is the RS200 L Edition model and has the Japanese SatNav so I assumed it has the Active speaker system in it.

Have brought both the eBay Amp bypass and Facia kit.

Now that I've taken everything out, I can seem to find the amp! From searches, I think the amp is on the left hand side of the glovebox. Have posted some piccies below. Can anyone shed a bit of light on this?? Do I actually have the "passive system then"??

Picture of the 4 plugs I've got

dsc00436se2.jpg

Just to show I've got the Jap GPS.... :lol:

dsc00438xg6.jpg

Rather blank looking left hand side behind the glovebox! :whistling:

dsc00443ab7.jpg

Cheers guys!

you wont have the amp, if its not fitted

Mat,

Yes, I know I won't have a amp if its not fitted...... :P

But the problem is I don't know "IF" I have a amp fitted??? Hence me posting pictures up to ask you peeps to have a lookie and advise me on whether I'm looking in the right place...

So judging from the 3rd picture, is this where I should be looking for the amp, or is it hidden behind some other panel?

I did see some plugs/terminals, but none of them seem to match up to the big harness plug from eBay... :unsure:

big big thanks! :D

the photo is of where the amp would be, if there was one fitted, most Altezzas only have the amp if they have the 8 speaker system

Thanks Mat, will run out to my nearest Halfords tomorrow to get the PC2-17-4 (Is200 S) adapter and see if that works?? Could always refund the bugger if it doesn't I suppose. :P

Cheers!

the photo is of where the amp would be, if there was one fitted, most Altezzas only have the amp if they have the 8 speaker system

Thanks Mat, will run out to my nearest Halfords tomorrow to get the PC2-17-4 (Is200 S) adapter and see if that works?? Could always refund the bugger if it doesn't I suppose. :P

Cheers!

All sorted!

Cheers! :D

Hi Guys,

Great Forums, been searching for instructions on removing the amp, need to take a pic, so i can get the lead to bypass, been putting up with just radio from my jammed cd head unit for too long now, need to install a new unit and get back into 2007

My problem is, i taken the 2 bolts top and bottom to lossen the amp, but there seems little space and slack to move amp at all

Any help?

Hi Guys,

Great Forums, been searching for instructions on removing the amp, need to take a pic, so i can get the lead to bypass, been putting up with just radio from my jammed cd head unit for too long now, need to install a new unit and get back into 2007

My problem is, i taken the 2 bolts top and bottom to lossen the amp, but there seems little space and slack to move amp at all

Any help?

If u cut the cable ties the secure the wiring loom onto the amp this gives a bit of extra movement,apart from that small child like hands a useful!! Its just hard to get out!

if you also remove the plastic along the bottom of door and kickplates theres a bolt at the very bottom left of glovebox.

This will help you move the dash a bit for a bit more room.

Stav

Cheers !!

With half my tool kit out and multiple cuts to hands i managed to extract amp, for its brief photo shoot.The place emailed with money shots of my hard work, now appears to be wavering with their confidence in supplying a pre-made lead.

Going to do research on the eBay lead seen linked in other threads

My aim is a DAB head unit and a cheeky bass box in boot

• 3 months later...
if you also remove the plastic along the bottom of door and kickplates theres a bolt at the very bottom left of glovebox.

Stav

its 10pm and i've given up and trying to insert the bypass leads into the amp. can anyone tell me what the kick plates are. I've possted a pic of how far I got. Ican locate the 1 screw at the bottom left of the glove. I've gone through the forum and a lot of people mention kick plate... please help

Stav

its 10pm and i've given up and trying to insert the bypass leads into the amp. can anyone tell me what the kick plates are. I've possted a pic of how far I got. Ican locate the 1 screw at the bottom left of the glove. I've gone through the forum and a lot of people mention kick plate... please help

post-18759-1186175443.jpg

The kick plate is the black thing below the glove box with the flap with the fuses behind it.

It just pops off.

Then the glove box surround will flex a bit more.

Also try undoing the bolts that hold the amp, and cut the cable tie off the fat loom to make it a tad easier.

Does take a lot of effort but can be done.

Stav