Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Tyres And Geometry

I got 4 new tyres and the Geometry all sorted yesterday thanks to Dr Bones.

Couldn't put my finger on it, but just driving away it felt a little different. I then got on the M25 on my way back to Ipswich and couldn't tell too much from that part of the journey as I was lucky to get over 20mph.

Once I was on the A12 I really started to notice the difference, there was less road noise and it felt much more responsive and relaxing to drive. I used to be able to feel the car pulling slightly when changing lanes over the white lines and even more so in the wet, but it feels so much better now.

Today I noticed something else, every time when I reversed my car out of my parking space which is a slight upwards incline I used get a feeling like the rear wheels were slipping for a second and put it down to the painted white markings which are slippery. I've been out a couple times today and both times the feeling of the rear wheels slipping wasn't there at all, so maybe it wasn't the white lines after all.

Thanks to all the peoples posts on here about their experiences I decided to contact Tony and find out about getting my car done and now I am so glad I did.

So if anyone else is considering getting their geometry sorted I would highly recommend it.

The wim positions for the front Geometry has two fundamental changes to the car..

1:- We move the castor position adding security to the drive at speed.

2:- Change the "scrub radius" This is the target area of the tyres contact patch.

The results are better "point and go" steering, reduced or no tram-lining, increased braking performance and no inner tyre wear :D

I really need mine done, tramlines like a bitch at the moment and after that good dose of lowering I think it really needs set up.

Recommend anyone in Nothern Ireland?

Pm Galla4, he took his to somewhere in Ireland with the wim positions and they did a good job..

How much does it cost then to have the geometry done? I take it this is something different from tracking?

The inside of my tyres are worn really badly and i get a shake on the steerng from about 50mph then it goes away at 80 and comes back at higher speeds above 90mph.

How much does it cost then to have the geometry done? I take it this is something different from tracking?

The inside of my tyres are worn really badly and i get a shake on the steerng from about 50mph then it goes away at 80 and comes back at higher speeds above 90mph.

Tracking and Geometry are far removed from each other. Tracking or front wheel alignment measures one angle and if incorrect costs about £30 on average to correct. A full Geometry measures 15+ angles and costs £70-£500 depending on the equipment and the marque. The Lexus commands a fee of between £60 and £120 taken as a national average. The ever-lasting tyre wear issue with the IS200/300/sc is due to the fact Lexus got the front kinematics wrong If you go to the stock Geometric positions this will still wear the tyres. wim suggested proven Geometric positions some two years ago, these can be found easily here in LOC's knowledge bank.