Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Number Plates....

Hi Everyone

I've only been here a couple of days but the amount of questions im asking you are wishing I would just go away as quick :)

Well I am still waiting for the plates....I didn't realise I didn't have the V5/V5c for my current car :excl:

I could have been sure I had but after going through every bit of paperwork it isn't there, SHOCK HORROR! So I am waiting for another one which is delaying the process even further. But back on to the subject in hand....

I would like to get the private plates make for the Lexus so once I get the car I can put them straight on without having to worry. But I have a couple of questions:

1) What size is the rear plate on the IS? It seems bigger than a standard plate...am I right?

2) Is it illegal to have these on the car......

93460e122f27e57.jpg

as I was told on The 75 & ZT Owner's Club forum that it was...but I wanted your opinion because on here I noticed somebody elses car with them on in the image gallery.

Hope somebody can answer my questions.

Regards

Gary

B)-->

QUOTE(T7RY B @ Apr 1 2007, 01:22 AM)

It is okay to have those plates on your car.

Hi

Thanks for the info T7RY B.

But now im getting conflicting answers :unsure:

I think I will go alone with your answer I just don't want to get nicked when driving alone!

Also what size is the rear plate on the IS? Its bigger than a standard one isn't it?

Regards

Gary

rear plate on the IS is standard size

plates can be any size !

as long as the digits on them are off the correct size and font, and spacing is correct

not sure on wether the lexus logo is legal, i dont think it was allowed unless it was a recognised country logo

rear plate on the IS is standard size

plates can be any size !

as long as the digits on them are off the correct size and font, and spacing is correct

not sure on wether the lexus logo is legal, i dont think it was allowed unless it was a recognised country logo

Agree with Bazza..OK for show plates but not for the road Only the recognised country name/abbreviation, flag and EU symbols are allowed with the DVLA specified font.

Look on http://www.craigsplates.com/?gclid=CP302La...CFT4GQgod70VklQ or better still http://www.fancyplates.com/ on their UK legal plate maker (see my post on next day delivery from Fancyplates...they also provide all fittings in the price).

Surely its o.k to have the Lexus logo on?...i mean you see loads of cars with football club emblems, as long as the spacing and font is o.k and it has the makers name running along the bottom i thought that was whats legal.

Surely its o.k to have the Lexus logo on?...i mean you see loads of cars with football club emblems, as long as the spacing and font is o.k and it has the makers name running along the bottom i thought that was whats legal.

The ones with football club emblems in place of the place of origin are illegal. Not completely sure about the makers name as I thought that was not a legal requirement...couldn't find it on the DVLA requirments anyway..

My front plates are, Front - 110mm x 530mm, Rear - 150mm x 530mm.

Legally you are only allowed the country sybmol on the left hand side. Only thing along the bottom should be the place where the plates were made. Nothing else is allowed.

It all depends on the nice police man who stops you. If your driving like a tw*t then i'm sure he'll pick up on it and every little thing he can.

I got picked up for having the writing too small on my front plate once on the M1, fair play to them they had to do me for something as they pulled me for not having insurance (even though I did and they realised that when I was sat in the back of the car!)

I'm tempted to get little diddy plates on the Aristo as I can with it being an import and there is nothing they can do - they'll be like bike sized - read on another forum though that the police can and will pcik you up for those too and give you a producer - recommendation was to carry paper work with you with a copy of the DVLA rules saying that it's ok on imports!

I didn't get a fine for the plate, just got a producer and that cost me the money to get an MOT place to say that the new plates were ok. Didn't cost me much from memory, it was just a PITA!