Gord

Was great meeting everone today!!!

Nice to meet Gord, Lee Iceman, Raj and AJ and his missus

All top peeps.

Just waiting for Raj to donate his M3 to me LOL

Roll on the 29th will be a great day if the weathers like this

Was nice to see you Dave :D see you at the next meet mate :D

All went well with the fitting :D 2 more happy people with s/c is200's :D

Was a good day out, nice to meet you at last Dave. Glad you liked the ride :)

Cheers to Gord and Raj for letting me get a taste of German metal. Do wish I hadn't now though :yawn:

Great to meet you AJ and partner, :blush: sorry couldn't remember your name :blush: hope you made it home ok.

Oh and the weather was gorgeous :)

PICT0335.jpg

PICT0336.jpg

PICT0337.jpg

PICT0338.jpg

Race cans?

There is black one round here with a bracus kit on or similar. It looks far more agressive with just subtle skirting and spliters on. Bit like the lexus with the TRD and TTE bits on.

Its a shame that these cars have been tainted by the type of people that drive them.

Obviously Rsarin not included ;)

thankyou for that Pip.you ****(affectionally said,lol).Its a car and at the end of the day if it puts a smile on the face of the person driving it then its well worth it.Ive actually lost interest in it now,since wandering around the rs6,csl crew.After chattin to dave and lee bout this very topic this afternoon,im kinda in two minds between evo,rs6.I know both are awesome,but one is everyday car and the other is weekender.The M3 defo has a stereotype but once driven, its hard to turn your back on it,cos it gives tooooo much pleasure.Id like you to spin it around yourself and see what ya reckon.I think you too would fall for it.also Dave top bloke,great to meet ya,see you soon,bolton.Lee youre a nutter(as usual)"Im not drivin fast,conserving fuel"(bollox),Aj nice to meet you and your lady(who waited patiently)Gord you know what i think of you(******).good little mini meet.BTW just got in from a steamin night in castle,loads of women wanted a peice of the Rajmister,but had to reject due to my love going to a kebab,specially at this time of night.

Mate i am in no way knocking the car as i think they are great and possibly one of the best looking motors on the road as stock.

You obviously know exactly what i am saying

I have actually had a drive (only short) of the CSL (lightweight version, yeah?) M3. Great power and great sound (horrendous fuelling lol!). You made me the offer before and i appreciate it.

Like the others have said though i will like it a bit too much and then start looking elsewhere which at this time isnt practical for me, yet.

As for the Evo/RS6. Hmmm you have a bit more refinement with the M3 rather than the Evo. It also depends which evo you go for.

I aint that much of a fan of the VIII and IX.

A mate of mine own owns his own gym and supplement range had the XIII (FQ320) for approx 4mnths. 2 clutches and plethora of problems. Brand new out of the showroom as well and Mitsubishi arent the best customer service orientated ppl either. Suffice to say he sold it and got a Monaro the VRX 420bhp model.

Now the electrics on that ******* up things. It had that much torque and power going through the rear wheels the ABS kicked in all at the wrong times and sent you ******* sideways. I almost did on a mini-roundabout. Vauxhall hadn't refined that thing down well enough to make it drivable which is a shame.

Again lovely and rare car but just impractical. He sold that within 2mnths of owning it. Now funnily enough has a black soft top M3.

If you get a chance take the Evo VI out as a comparison. I had the Tommi Macinnen edition given to me to me by my mate whilst he was in the Algarve. 320bhp, just a straight through exhaust system, induction and that went like sh!t of a shovel although it hurt your arse after a while especially on our crappy roads. In my opinion still the one to go for as i like IV-VI.

BTW the fastest thing i have drove is the w@nkel engine (****** lol) based RX-7. That left everything for dust. I had the chance to buy that from a mate for very *** money but couldbt @ssed with the ****** ****** up on me as i would have torched the it.

Hi guys, thanks for coming down yesterday -it was a great to meet you all, and to learn more about the engine mods! (- saved us from getting too bored as well!lol)

Really liked your cars too, esp. Lee’s IS - hope to get mine like that at some point!

Also S/C fitting was well interesting. (even though I was biting my nails about the journey back the whole time!) And seems like the S/C will be a lot fun too, although unfortunately the engine was ‘jumping’ at higher revs on the way back and couldn’t really get it go over 85mph!? But should be a quick fix according to Steve - so hopefully will get that sorted quick and ill be able to comment on the full supercharger experience. :D

hmmm....jumping??? sounds a bit strange....is this normal then following s/c conversion? what does steve think is the problem??

I believe the problem is due to the springs in the kit being the originals. I believe Dave has a load of the uprated ones coming from TTE but they wern't here in time for this weekend.

From what I've read, they released an uprated spring, for what reason, I am not sure, but it was to resolve something lol :) Fingers crossed mate, they should be here in time for the fitting on ours...?

Glad to hear the fittings went according to plan and was really gutted I couldn't make it along! Was hoping to watch the installation to get a good understanding of the engine and its elements. Will have to do this when being fitted to mine :P

Jamie

well there's no point having it fitted with the wrong springs really :duh: :duh:

I'll wait until everything's in order and then get it fitted. Besides, not having mine done until July so plenty of time for everything to be ordered etc etc :D

From what I've read, they released an uprated spring, for what reason, I am not sure, but it was to resolve something lol :) Fingers crossed mate, they should be here in time for the fitting on ours...?

Glad to hear the fittings went according to plan and was really gutted I couldn't make it along! Was hoping to watch the installation to get a good understanding of the engine and its elements. Will have to do this when being fitted to mine :P

Jamie

This was the hole point of the day :D We got 2 people coming over from Norway in May(staying 4 days) to have s/c fitted, along with other stuff to :D you are welcome to come and see mate :D

I will have to sort out some sort of meet at the time :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links